Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

then there’s the three standing behind you while you queue for a piss, the three in front of you and the two either side.

there’s the blokes in front and behind in the security queue, the blokes in front and behind as you queue for a program, for a pint at half time and in the bar after the game. There’s also the blokes rammed against you in the tram to and from the ground.

you might brush past 3 people on your way to Colchester v Gillingham, where everyone parks 5 minutes walk from the ground, but at Premier League games in urban locations its a different ball game.
Often in these cases the problem you have is the statisticians and behavioural scientists telling us this shit have rarely lived outside of their research bubble and venture into the real world inhabited by the rest of us.
I sat down and thought about my match experience from leaving our front door to getting home and we would come across at least ten times the 14 contacts mentioned.

Often in cases the problems you have is the statisticians and behavioural scientists telling us this shit have rarely lived outside of their research bubble and venture into the real world inhabited by the rest of us.
I sat down and thought about my match experience from leaving our front door to getting home and we would come across at least ten times the 14 contacts mentioned.

Exactly this, I head one of the scientists saying there was less risk in an open air stadium, but none of them really are open air in that most stands have roofs and are quite enclosed

A play off would be very harsh on City as we can still win it without resorting to a play-off. On current form I don't see how Liverpool would have picked up any more points.

To be fair we'd have probably lost a couple as well due to the dire state of the League this season. As you were....

Premier League and liverpool officials, supported by their friends on the media have suggested a solution.
They want to bring back the Pools Panel from the olden days in which a group of 'expert' pundits meet and determine what the results
would have been had they taken place. Points in accordance with these wild guesses, sorry predictions would be used to determine the final lrague tables.
A spokesman said this arrangement was very successful for years, allowing Littlewoods Pools to make lots of money and under their community programme to push large amounts of money to their works team Liverpool FC enabling them to dominate for nearly three decades. Michael Owen a well known mug punter said on BT that he was over the moon to see the good old days return to Anfield with the help of the Panel.

At the moment with this epidemic getting worse by the day. There is no way at the moment that football can start on the 3rd April. All football organisations in this country should come out and say that football will start after Easter. Hopefully by then we should be over the worst of it. However if what the health officials are saying that it is going to be 3/4 months before it peaks, it could be that football might need a longer break than what I said, by starting after Easter.

I would love it if the football bosses come out in say 4 weeks time and say " That as this coronavirus shows no signs of slowing down. We have decided that the football season 2019/20 is null and void, and there fore there will be no promotions or relegations. Also that we feel that we cannot hand out any Champions trophies for teams that are top of the league, unless they cannot be caught.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.