Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

What’s the score on gigs? Surely they are not ideal in terms of gatherings. The experts pretty much admitted yesterday that being in close proximity indoors is worse than outdoors. I haven’t see anything about gigs being cancelled.

what worries me squirty is that there are many in the upper levels of govt that were at twickenham a few weeks ago. They know the reality of mass queueing for a piss, especially when the entire crowd of 80,000 is in the 45-60 age range, they’ve all been drinking beer all day and they’ve all got bladder problems.

and they’ve come out with this shit about brushing past 3 people?

bollocks. They know that is not the reality. This is deliberate.
That wasn’t my experience at Twickenham. Arrived a couple of hours before the game, a nice meal followed by a few anecdotes from an ex international. Plenty of bogs in the marquee. If you’re sensible and have a week bladder cut down on the pints and have a couple of shorts or some fizz instead. After the match back to the marquee for tea and a couple more drinks while the crowd disperses and the queues for the train dies down.

I suspect that those in the upper levels of government would have a similar experience

We could have won the fa and the cl but we are not whinging about it

Just think of all the work that Sky and all the press have put in producing sycophantic programmes and articles... the 30 year wait is over.... oh wait !

Football is irrelevant, titles are irrelevant, life is precious as are our loved ones.

Follow the link and read through to the end this is absolutely heartbreaking, I hope and pray to god, you and all your family and friends close to you do not have to go through this.

Keep safe fellow blues and make sure you do all you can for each other. There is going to come a time soon when many on this forum will have to come to terms if they can with great loss in their and our lives.

http://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...-as-it-struggles-to-cope-with-deaths-11956870

I agree. I can’t believe people are bothered whether a team wins a league or not. It’s just totally irrelevant currently. Is football really that important?

As for the message that bloke has posted, it is clearly tragic for them but he is wrong about not knowing what is coming. We actually do know what’s coming.

My concern currently is whether my mum will still be alive in 6 months and whether I’ll still have a job.

Four losses in last five games, he knows the wheels have fallen off.

This is it. There have been signs of mental and physical fatigue in their last few games. Now we have to be fair it has come too late to stop them winning the title, it is inconceivable to think they wouldn't have got the two wins needed. There are a couple of factors though. Nobody knows for sure so I don't see how the title could be awarded on that basis. The other is with an extended rest, provided the virus doesn't impact their squad too much, any fatigue and mental stress will have eased considerably. This will be unfair on not only winning the league but beating our records. A rejuvenated Liverpool would probably do both easily. In my opinion the league is now compromised beyond repair and the leagues should be declared null and void. Cup competitions are different of course. They are one off games and all those competitions are in the latter stages. They could be run to completion in the summer fairly quickly with no league games in competition.

I am really going to miss the football,i am glad i have seen us lift the title and now the cup,had 2 more planned but maybe next season

Get better, Kaz x

Look at it this way, there is a beautiful symmetry when the season is voided.

Vinny's last game for us was lifting the FA Cup.

David's will be lifting the League Cup.

That's how legends should bow out.

What’s the score on gigs? Surely they are not ideal in terms of gatherings. The experts pretty much admitted yesterday that being in close proximity indoors is worse than outdoors. I haven’t see anything about gigs being cancelled.
Two gigs I was supposed to be going to in the next two weeks have been cancelled so make of that what you will.

what worries me squirty is that there are many in the upper levels of govt that were at twickenham a few weeks ago. They know the reality of mass queueing for a piss, especially when the entire crowd of 80,000 is in the 45-60 age range, they’ve all been drinking beer all day and they’ve all got bladder problems.

and they’ve come out with this shit about brushing past 3 people?

bollocks. They know that is not the reality. This is deliberate.
I certainly think that this week’s measures fall far from short of what I would do.
They say you can’t close schools due to health workers then staying at home to look after their own kids.
Why not do the same as Belgium and offer free crèche and child mind facilities for all health workers?
Cheltenham going ahead is a complete piss take.
This will hit soon and hard, IMO, due to a slow reaction and a large amount of the public who think they are invincible

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.