Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Footballs dead.

What the hell are we going to do without the match day thread?
I was going to post in the mental health thread how worried I am about the transfer forum, politics forum and off topic. We've all seen the madness in there when football only stops for a couple of months each Summer.

I’ll be phoning sky tomorrow to postpone my sky sports package until the games start up again,it’s the only reason I take the package well apart from F1 and the odd bit of golf,but the F1 has now been suspended as well..
More the fool you for having sky sports. Rip off merchants with a 5% increase in prices. Not subscribed to their sports for years. Sacked my minimum TV and broadband package off with them, continued with my IPTV subscription and moved to BT. Saving nearly 40 quid a month and due £180 cashback. I ain't funding the dipper and rag love in!

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.

I'd say the percentage is higher on Uefa calling an end to European comps.

The Premier League are an absolute disgrace on this one. They are dithering because Liverpool are so far ahead and are still hoping for an out.

The players will have the final say and there will be enough rightly concerned to call it quits this season.

They are expensive commodities and can afford to sit it out for as long as needs be, rather than put their health and that of their families at risk.

I have been appalled today by the narrative and topic of conversation by the usual suspects in our media.

All asking how games can continue, from a fiscal point of view.

Thousands of people already dead and we ain't even in the eye of the hurricane in this country yet.

How many deaths are acceptable for others to find their moral fucking compass?

I'm probably out of work now for the foreseeable future, it will certainly be a testing few months ahead for me and my family.

You know what, I couldn't give a fuck. All I am focused on is keeping my family now healthy and safe.

Hoping people can get by and protect those they love.

Everything else, certainly football, means Jack shit.

Well said TH.

I wish you and your family the very best during this difficult time.

Suspending for 3 weeks is absurd considering it will be exponentially worse by then. I feel like they are hoping that football clubs going into isolation will leave us with no cases amongst players and staff and they can get Liverpool over the line behind closed doors. I hope players point blank refuse to play if they suggest that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.