Liam Smith signs official

Dennis was a traitorous git. He broke my heart when he left and then compounded it by going to the Swamp. Bobby Johnstone? I should have said Ewing was the best we didn't get from Hibs!
Ewing did go on to manage Hibs though.

In the early 1960s, City was stuffed with Scots.

Matt Gray & Alex Harley (from Third Lanark), Bobby Kennedy (Kilmarnock), Jackie Plenderleith (Hibs), and Ralph Brand (Rangers) all came in between 1960 and 1965.

Ewing did go on to manage Hibs though.

In the early 1960s, City was stuffed with Scots.

Matt Gray & Alex Harley (from Third Lanark), Bobby Kennedy (Kilmarnock), Jackie Plenderleith (Hibs), and Ralph Brand (Rangers) all came in between 1960 and 1965.

I saw the lot of 'em. Alex Harley penalties? Never seen anyone take one like him since! I still have an image of Bobby Kennedy smashing a shot onto the post and near uprooting it! Matt Gray could have been, in style, the 'grandad of Foden'!

But he is still right. 100% .
Except he isn't (did you bother reading his educated posts?)

Dick posted the following:-

'Well let's hope we don't fuck his career up like we have with other youngsters' giving Patrick Roberts as his example.

Dick refuses to answer the question as to how 'we fucked up his career' so perhaps you can answer it?

Dennis was a traitorous git. He broke my heart when he left and then compounded it by going to the Swamp. Bobby Johnstone? I should have said Ewing was the best we didn't get from Hibs!

'Denis'.... Tut tut Dave.

Paul Ritchie was another one I had high hopes for. Turned out shit and injury prone. Also Dom Sullivan, one game I think.

Bobby Johnstone - one of my favourite players from that era. Scored in successive Wembley finals - the first to do so.

Has anyone mentioned Bobby McDonald that Bond brought in? Or Gordon Smith - very talented, elegant player, though I haven't forgiven him for missing that late sitter for Brighton that would have beaten Utd at Wembley. (and no votes for Matt Busby!)

Correction: just seen Bobby Mac mentioned on p.2

Last edited:
Here's my Scots team:

Keith MacRae (gk)

Willie Donachie, Colin Hendry, Andy Morrison, Bobby McDonald (Back 4)

Neil McNab, Matt Gray, Asa Hartford, Tommy Hutchison (Midfield)

Bobby Johnstone, Denis Law (up front)

Some genuine talent there.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.