Have you, or anybody you know, got the virus yet?

Around January ago over a few days I felt absolutely awful. Started after I got home from work on a Friday sweating, feeling knackered and a massive headache. I never feel unwell or get flu symptoms so it was strange. It lasted the weekend then I have just felt knackered since, but think that’s more down to stress at work and other things going on.

Symptoms I had seem to match what this is like though, but guess most people won’t ever know unless they are tested. It’s probably been around a lot longer than the last few weeks/months
I had exactly the same thing 2 weeks ago . Temperature really bad headache but went overnight.

Around January ago over a few days I felt absolutely awful. Started after I got home from work on a Friday sweating, feeling knackered and a massive headache. I never feel unwell or get flu symptoms so it was strange. It lasted the weekend then I have just felt knackered since, but think that’s more down to stress at work and other things going on.

Symptoms I had seem to match what this is like though, but guess most people won’t ever know unless they are tested. It’s probably been around a lot longer than the last few weeks/months
So you're the one that's been snogging my wife....

That actual test kits they use.

does it just measure your temperature?

how do they know it’s definitely Corona ?

That actual test kits they use.

does it just measure your temperature?

how do they know it’s definitely Corona ?
I think it will be a Polymerase Chain reaction (you'll see abbreviations to PCR) which is a very common way of testing for viruses and bacteria. They take a sample from the throat/nose then isolate the nucleic acid and then copy it many many times. It has a code sequence of molecules which always reproduces in the same sequence (unless there is a mutation) in each organism and if the code sequence matches the code sequence of Covid19, then they know you've got it.

I think it will be a Polymerase Chain reaction which is a very common way of testing for viruses and bacteria. They take a sample from the throat/nose then isolate the nucleic acid and then copy it many many times. It has a code sequence of molecules which always reproduces in the same sequence (unless there is a mutation) in each organism and if the code sequence matches the code sequence of Covid19, then they know you've got it.

thanks.

Out of interest, if you got tested, what difference would it make? You’re doing exactly what you would be told to do if you were positive. If you were negative, you might pick the virus up returning home from being tested.

Testing is vital to identify where it is and how to close it down. Without it people who have it but don't realise spread it to others, including those most at risk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.