Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

So are we just going to let this play out naturally, without being sure what's going to happen, or are we going to have our supporters put their hands to contract this virus and keep spreading it, so the job is really done properly?

If it guarantees stopping the Dippers ****s from winning the title I'll 100% take a fucking hit for the team

IF PL decide to give Dippers the trophy, the reality is there not a thing fans can do about it, including those who hate the cnuts like myself.

If there not a thing we as fans can do about it (PL hand Dippers the trophy), at least let it be fair. They have 2 games left that if they win those 2 remaining games, they max out of the points, that it, their title.
I just want to see they win 2 more games, at least PL can say to the futbal world that they not bias on Dippers.

Now if they just cancel season whatever, but then claim Dippers are 22 points ahead and give them the title, without even letting us see if they would win their 2 remaining games or not. I be super arse about it.

I dunno, I guess I just want a closure you know, like to make sure that Dippers win their remaining 2 games.

The best scenario is let the PL resume when this virus thing calm down. City win all their remaining games. ...... Dippers lost few games then draw 5 games. Leaving them 1 point behind from getting the trophy like last year. Haha, just as long as they don't get the six pts needed to win.
Anyhoo that won't happen but one can dream.
Have a lie down bud, you need to rest your brain

Think liverpool will be awarded title unfortunately. Season cancelled and league standings at time of cancellation stand.two promoted from championship no relegation and league has 22 teams for next season and league cup cancelled for next season and five teams relegated ar the end of next season

Me ….you cant just give them the titles, titles have to be won. If its just given to them it will be really bad for football and the integrity of the league . I know VAR has pushed the integrity of the league to its limits this season but this would push it over. Livarpool have not won the league.

on another point how to you sort out relegation do those teams get to play until they don't have enough points to stay up ?
One idea that seems to be gaining traction is that the season is frozen, Liverpool awarded the title, no relegation, Leeds & WBA promoted, 2 up 4 down next season. Would probably have to scrap Carabao cup to make room for extra fixtures

Me ….you cant just give them the titles, titles have to be won. If its just given to them it will be really bad for football and the integrity of the league . I know VAR has pushed the integrity of the league to its limits this season but this would push it over. Livarpool have not won the league.

They have NOT win. that was why I'm saying IF PL must give them the trophy then PL better find a way to show the world that Dippers earn the 6 pts they need to declare this season winner.

The best scenario is the England goverment officially announce declare all professional sports to cancel the season. Then PL can use the excuse that the government officially told us to do so, so they can avoid lawsue from the Dippers and other teams.

Unless England government want sports to void, I'm willing to bet Dippers will fight tooth and nail to get this trophy. But like others say, PL favorite Dippers, they gonna get the trophy anyway.

One idea that seems to be gaining traction is that the season is frozen, Liverpool awarded the title, no relegation, Leeds & WBA promoted, 2 up 4 down next season. Would probably have to scrap Carabao cup to make room for extra fixtures

Wouldn't be surprised if the PL accepted something like this.

Still, Leicester, Manure and SU wouldn't be happy.

The clamour will grow from the usual suspects to award Liverpool the title. They have already had some scouse bloke in a studio setting saying it has to be done and it is only fair. No it isn't! Two of their nine remaining games are against Everton and ourselves. They could lose them, draw a few and their bottle go. They look tired and leggy. Yes it is a long shot but it is typical arrogance as usual for them to think it would be nailed on.

On this basis, as we are favourites and only three games from winning the fa cup again, will it be awarded to us? You know the answer!

But that only resolves the Premier league. What about how that affects promotion and relegation in the 10+ leagues below it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.