COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would describe it as being hit by 10 trains at the same time,even though this is going to take me months to recover from i am feeling very grateful every minute that their plan hasn't worked on me

You’ll be alright you can’t kill a bad thing:)

Personally I think the Government's actions so far have been callous. We have stop testing, stopped contact tracing-unless you are a celebrity, politician or footballer you are advised to stay at home and only ask for help if you are at death's door. This is based on economics-not science. There is no credibility to herd immunity-it sounds terribly like eugenics.

My mum had a stem cell transplant last year and has got through every battle-her immune system is v immature yet she has to attend hospital almost every week for more treatment. Its not possible for her to self isolate.

And as a police officer who works in a custody suite I'd love to work from home-ain't going to happen.

Ten more people have died after being diagnosed with coronavirus, with 1,140 cases now confirmed in the UK.

Health officials say 37,746 people have so far been tested, of which 36,606 were confirmed negative.

The ten who died were all aged over 60 and were in "the at-risk groups", said Professor Chris Whitty, chief medical officer for England.

It brings the total number those who died after being diagnosed with coronavirus to 21 in the UK

Prof Whitty said: "I understand this increase in the number of deaths linked to COVID-19 will be a cause for concern for many

"The public should know every measure we are taking is seeking to save lives and protect the most vulnerable.

"Every single one of us has a role to play in achieving this. If you have a new continuous cough or high temperature, please stay at home for seven days. I also encourage everyone to be washing their hands for 20 seconds regularly

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-ten-more-die-after-positive-diagnosis-11957525

We have stuffed this up

Time may well prove that but I look elsewhere at countries imposing far stricter measures and their figures are even more depressing. Remember we’re also testing more people now.

Fuck knows what the answer is. I get the herd immunity argument but we don’t know enough about this virus to know whether that would be effective.

I actually would’ve been in favour of a China-style lockdown (minus people being welded into their homes of course) but I can’t imagine that would ever be adhered to in many Western countries as much as it would in China.

I would describe it as being hit by 10 trains at the same time,even though this is going to take me months to recover from i am feeling very grateful every minute that their plan hasn't worked on me

Have you ever been hit by 10 trains is the question

I do admire the reasoned and constructive cut and thrust of debate on here. Why do you suppose the government want us all to catch the virus - have they said so? If they have no plan for that outcome your judgement would seem at best a little misguided.
they want herd immunity and have stated they need 60% of us to catch it by not stopping mass gatherings and the stupid rational they came up with for not doing it they want accelerated infection rates

Wales has already cancelled all non emergency surgery cases until further notice Expect England and Scotland to follow.

All at risk groups hospital wards to be closed to visitors except, direct partners, mother/father etc

Critical Care beds in EU, UK is 24th, with 6.6 per 100, 000, Italy 10th, France nearly double ours & Germany nearly x6 times

Fuck me, I’d have thought cancelling non emergency ops would’ve been done ages ago

So is what I said true or false yes or no please will suffice
It is *partially* correct (as it doesn’t *just* kill the elderly and sick) but you are also fully aware that you were implicitly minimising the importance of the pandemic based on the population it largely impacts. And have done before in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.