COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, thanks for the link, answers some of the questions swimming around in my head.

We landed in fuerteventura yesterday, now I've got the mrs in full on panic mode, trying to book a flight home, she told me if I dont go with her, then she will divorce me. What do I do? She is sat in the room panicking, I'm drinking San miguel by the pool waiting for advise from jet2.
I've been here since Tuesday have a lovely time :-)

Not trusting the government and bad mouthing the PM is very entertaining for people with fuck all better to do on the internet, and normally it’s harmless enough, but in this case it could cost lives. The government will be taking further action like banning large scale events and closing schools when the timing of this is deemed to be the most effective based on the advice of this country’s best experts in the field who have access to all the data and therefore can produce the most effective computer modelling.

Are you seriously saying people like the editor in cheif of The Lancet has got fuck all better to do?

Not trusting the government and bad mouthing the PM is very entertaining for people with fuck all better to do on the internet, and normally it’s harmless enough, but in this case it could cost lives. The government will be taking further action like banning large scale events and closing schools when the timing of this is deemed to be the most effective based on the advice of this country’s best experts in the field who have access to all the data and therefore can produce the most effective computer modelling.
no they have been forced into it,the modelling is in advance,if they were going to go for banning large gatherings they would have not argued so strongly a day or 2 earlier,it is ok to question what is being done

The American situation is evidently a concern. I cannot believe they haven't formulated an "Operation Name" for it.

Travel ban extending to UK and Ireland, too, it would appear.

The UK and Ireland are to be added to America's European travel ban over the coronavirus pandemic, Donald Trump has confirmed.

The new restrictions are expected to begin on Monday night.

It is thought that American citizens, green card holders and others will still be allowed to return home to the US.

However, they will be sent to 13 selected airports and be subjected to health screenings and quarantine orders, the AP news agency reported.

There have been 50 deaths in the US, Mr Trump said in a news conference at the White House.

Oh like me saying there would be 1,000 people dead in Italy by 12/3 you mean? A week before it happened and there were only a fraction of those numbers? Oh, right then.

Some of you lot are in fucking cloud cuckoo land thinking this is nothing to be too concerned about. I said 2 weeks ago this is the biggest crisis since WW2 and was told to "wipe my fanny". Well I hope to God I was wrong, but from where it's heading right now, I don't think I was.

It is without a doubt the worst global crisis since WW2. Unless you were member of few of the repressed ethnic groups, you could travel most of the world back then. Now you can enter Denmark only if you're their citizen or not go to USA from most of the Europe. The impact on economy is already huge and we just started. Tourism, transportation etc.. are going to zero.

2 39 year olds died in Italy yesterday. One had underlying respiratory issues, one had diabetes.
I read the first one had cancer, but anyway it doesn't change much.
Ok I was just going by this article from yesterday. Must have been before them deaths.

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/comment/italy-coronavirus-outbreak/

Though I can’t see a report anywhere about the above?
I personally read it here but it's in Italian and behind a paywall unless you use incognito mode on your browser. Anyway it's a report of the dead statistics by the Superior Health Institute.

Spain telling their people to stay at home except to buy food/medications,go to the hospital,work or other emergencies
¡Hermanitos!

no they have been forced into it,the modelling is in advance,if they were going to go for banning large gatherings they would have not argued so strongly a day or 2 earlier,it is ok to question what is being done
They clearly stated these actions would be taken when the timing is right, and that the timing was being reviewed daily, they also explained in detail why this was being done. Are you arguing that our government want more people to die or are just idiots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.