Should half time be extended?

burning blue soul

sun, sand, sea....thats right, im at rhyl sun ctr
It seems no matter where a match is watched 15 minutes just doesn't give enough time for queuing, pissing and eating a pie and drinking a pint.

Maybe a lengthening of the half time break to 20 minutes could be floated as an idea to alleviate the rush.

I'm sure the media companies will endorse it. Probably even the clubs.

It seems no matter where a match is watched 15 minutes just doesn't give enough time for queuing, pissing and eating a pie and drinking a pint.

Maybe a lengthening of the half time break to 20 minutes could be floated as an idea to alleviate the rush.

3 periods of 30 minutes would make more sense - could get more ad breaks on the telly too, so clubs revenue could go up, which would be really helpful beating FFP too, as we’d have more dough.
Right, time for another trip to the fridge...., cheers.

It would be interesting to know how long you have been attending top class football matches?
Back in the 60s and 70s half time was only 10 minutes, all 15.00pm KO games were scheduled to finish at 16.40pm.
10 minutes to go to the toilets and get a quick pint is a bit of a rush.
Although you were allowed to take your drink back onto the terraces or seats with you then,so you could finish your pint at a more leisurely pace than now.

It would be interesting to know how long you have been attending top class football matches?
Back in the 60s and 70s half time was only 10 minutes, all 15.00pm KO games were scheduled to finish at 16.40pm.
10 minutes to go to the toilets and get a quick pint is a bit of a rush.
Although you were allowed to take your drink back onto the terraces or seats with you then,so you could finish your pint at a more leisurely pace than now.
Beat me to it!

Why don't we just cut it into quarters instead of halves and have stoppages for TV ad breaks while we're at it.

Just in case anyone wonders. Yes this is sarcasm!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.