Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

As long as our points record stays intact
We’ll never know now, IMO, but I don’t believe they’d have beaten 100 points.
The form they were in. They were spent. I could see us and Everton beating them. One more defeat or a couple of draws out of their last 9 games and they weren’t getting there.

With the fact that there is not going to be live football for the foreseeable future I took the decision this afternoon to start talking to my wife instead.

She seems nice.

I tend to find when my wife is nice - she wants something.... it doesn't tend to end well.

The notion they could win the PL on probability is ridiculous. Either they win it because they are leaders or because they've mathmatically clinched it. You can't win a PL because you were likeliest to win it. It's not even because it's Liverpool, it's because it's an illogical and a playground like approach.

Sorry to disappoint you they do have more than one trophy, those nasty PL people!

We've got 4 of them.. which is one more than the dippers after their glorious wins in 2014 (the "we won't let it slip season"), 2019 ("97 points, all won fair and square")

The best yet however, who could forget their 2020 winning season, when they swept the board, won all 7 trophies on offer, never lost a single game were crowned The Invincibles and cemented their status as European Royalty..

You can really understand why everyone loves them sooo much..!

Wake up, wake up, you've been dreaming, you're not going to believe what's happened to the dippers in the years you were shouting out in your sleep..

Put the kettle on and I'll fill you in... I'll start with slippy G in the 2014 season..

It's as funny as fcuk..!

It spurned a catchy terrace chant that is still popular today..

What a nice man Mr Baa is by the way..!

The refs and lines people in the 2019 season were very helpful to Bingo and his angelic team, gifting them penalty after penalty, not being arsed about waving their flags for anything as blatent as 5 yard offside situations and awarding them free kick after free kick in dangerous areas of the pitch to ensure 97 points were accrued..

Just not enough though..!

And wait until the 2020 season, you will not believe what I'll tell you.. you'll piss yourself laughing I promise you..!

If Liverpool are somehow awarded the title you have to say it would seem like a hollow victory for their supporters.

I’d be gutted if any of our title winning seasons had ended without us being able to celebrate them by being there or at least watching the game that clinched it.

It was never going to be an Aguero moment or even going to the last game but what a shit way to win it.

Online Liverpool supporters are bizarre but the ones I know personally are decent people. Sometimes you have to put club rivalry aside and I’d gladly swap a Liverpool title win for no Coronavirus pandemic.

I've given the scousers plenty in this thread over the last few days but I have to say mate, your last sentence is absolutely spot on.

Also, I thought Klopp was magnificent if his quote from yesterday was accurate. Not surprised though, he (Klopp) is a fundamentally decent human being and I cant help but like him. Rivalry aside, he is a really nice bloke and has done a brilliant job at Anfield. Its not his fault liverpool fc are a pretty distasteful bunch.

As it’s a football forum, I am just talking football, we know there is greater concerns.

With the whole null and void and the whole celebration that Liverpool don’t get the league.

There is a huge loss for our club, we where in a great position in the CL, we where in a great position in the FA Cup.

We where in a position where we could have the clubs greatest ever season. We where in a strange position where we could make priority the cups over league (we where not going to win and we where safe). We had a squad coming back to full fitness, Leroy coming back. We will only have so many seasons of the worlds best manager, we have David going out without his farewell!

This weekends been ok, we have them from time to time but it’s going to be a huge time without football for us who need our City fix.

So whilst it’s banter at the moment are team will be gutted with a null and void season as will I.
I think I can live with it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.