COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a little surprised by the lack of foresight of some of these news reporters. In light of Boris calling for industry to turn to ventilator production, I’m seeing people stating that this “suggests the government fear we don’t have enough”. Are they for real? We knew this with basic maths already. Our spare ventilators will last us the next 12 days or so. Then we’re done. We knew this, which is why we should have been in lockdown from a while back.

It seems to me that the professor is quoting directly from a NY times article.

He is. But every source that doesn't fit what George H believes is ill-informed including NYT. They know nothing.

By keeping schools open presently, we are in essence using our children as the tool to spread the disease through the 'herd.' They will then close the schools to 'slow the spread.'
Personally I think it's a disastrous plan but its happening and I hope to god they haven't got this terribly wrong

It’s not behind a paywall.

It is wrong in general to be releasing it via just one paper though. Very wrong. Ditto leaking things via Peston.

It was behind the paywall and that was ripped to bits as stupidity and now been unlocked.

It also wasn't on the Gov site till a few hrs ago.

This marr interview is telling us fuck all, he is probably doing his best, but he just doesn't seem capable, labour John ashworth sounded equally useless this morning too.

All bars and clubs now also shut down in Qatar to go with just about everything else.

Pretty much in lock down as the experts are trying to prevent the community spread of the virus. Sounds a good idea to me personally.

What's the score over there for bogroll mate..

The wife informed me the head masks you get measured for have ran out, apparently they get them from China and for obvious reasons there not getting any at the moment you couldn’t make it up. The best though they said the face masks were not very efficient before they heard they could not get any head masks from China now it’s safe to wear them. I bet the ward managers won’t try them out first

By keeping schools open presently, we are in essence using our children as the tool to spread the disease through the 'herd.' They will then close the schools to 'slow the spread.'
Personally I think it's a disastrous plan but its happening and I hope to god they haven't got this terribly wrong

Apparently they are going to force schools to stay open rather than close them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.