Remembering Yaya!

Me n’all.

My Rag mates/colleagues always used to fear Yaya the most out of any City player. That tells you all you need to know about how good he was. He struck fear into the opposition!

Was just thinking that! They were absolutely terrified of Yaya.

Was watching the 2013/14 season on sky yesterday and some off his goals and runs would’ve helped pull us through this year I’ve no doubt, it was summed up with that final burst through against Villa what a beast of a player.

Yeah.i see your point ctid...i guess im trying to say that Yaya should be more respected, over and above the players you mention..due to the magnitude of his achievements, over many countries, languages and cultures....before he ended up ripping up the premier league with Manchester City..to be able to play Football at the highest level in Africa France Russia and Spain...and to then come England..and be the best player..thats class.Thats talent.
At the end of the day. Yaya was a legend before he joined club...i suppose its about how we as City fans regard him now....
Compare Luis Suarez and Zola for example; both absolutely unbelievable players in terms of talent and achievement. One is loved by football fans the world over and the other is a goofy, cheating, racist prick who nobody gives a fuck about. Why? Suarez is probably the better all round player as far as I'm concerned, he will never be a legend of the game though because he's not loved by fans because he's a bellend.

It's the same with our players, if you take off the blue tinted specs. To say Toure was a legend "before he joined" City is fucking ridiculous though, no player is a legend at 25/26.

Last edited:
Not even the greatest to play for City, let alone the country. Fantastic for 4 years though. Shame he ruined it for many with his off field antics. Glad we finally got a strong enough manager in to curb it from him for a while.
Its all about opinions of course....but what ..really can you say marks Colin Bell out as a finer Football player than Yaya Toure? With all due respect,of course,to Colin the King.

Yaya will be remembered by Blues in 50 years time. They will remember seeing him do things on the pitch that no-one else could do. They’ll remember his as the scorer of the most spectacular goals ever scored by a City player, no other player even comes close.

The sulks, the cake or the agent will all be forgotten about. The absolute legend will not.

Compare Luis Suarez and Zola for example; both absolutely unbelievable players in terms of talent and achievement. One is loved by football fans the world over and the other is a goofy, cheating, racist prick who nobody gives a fuck about. Why? Suarez is probably the better all round player as far as I'm concerned, he will never be a legend of the game though because he's not loved by fans because he's a bellend.

It's the same with our players, if you take off the blue tinted specs. To say Toure was a legend "before he joined" City is fucking ridiculous though, no player is a legend at 25/26.
Stop being aggressive pal.This is a board for discussing different views.mind your manners...
Yaya Toure was a legend on the continent of Africa.....many years before he joined City.thats part of my point,if you take off your blue tinted specs...;)

Wow....just Wow.....so what if Yaya’s agent said one or two mean things?

Absolutely ZERO fucks given.

The man was above all ALL our recent legends on his day......ALL OF THEM.

When in the mood the perfect description of him was unplayable.

A beast, a monster, our hero, our behemoth, our go-to player, the ‘one’.

These players are paid to play football, not run a PR department.

Who’s to say that club and the hierarchy didn’t shaft him in some way once he was on the decline, shit happens.

But his God like status will remain forever in my eyes.
Well said Sir.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.