Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

said it before and will say it again the only obvious and fair way is for all of Europe ( and England ) is to null n void all leagues. Than start again when save with the same champion/Europa league groups, same leagues etc , just go again. 2019/20 didn't happen.

Will this mean I'm 48 and not 49?
Agree with what your saying though.

Even if it gets finished, it won’t be for AT LEAST 3 months time, which means players would be out of contract etc. Potential season resumes without us having David Silva or Leroy Sane. It’s massively tainted whichever way you dress it up.
how are going to keep elite athletes at the top of their game when you don't know when they are playing again, you cant just keep training and no matches these are human beings !!...its madness

Saw something that made me giggle...
(apologies if already been posted)

End the season now with no winners but as Liverpool have done so well this season, give them some sort of recognition.
Maybe a shield instead of a trophy.
Could call it the victory and recognition shield.
Or the VAR shield for short.

Start the 20-21 season with the same teams in each of the divisions they played the 19-20 season but give each team a handicap based on position from this season at time suspended. I’m sure a very good mathematician could work out a fair handicap system. Will possibly be played as a top half of table mini league and bottom half mini league just to determine how teams might have finished this season. For example in the Premier, top 10 play each other twice and vice versa. An 18 game season, reasoning being that Coronavirus will likely impact next season as well as scientists say next winter could be worse.

How dare they call themselves City fans.
They should be banned from the Etihad

Are you effing serious, its obvious their new "new age purples' cos to have red in you is a cardinal sin, and you're certainly not a 'true blue'. Absolutely bollox for someone to go and say they deserve it and should be given it, that's just criminal and in my book like yours they should be banned for life!!! Bet they wear half and half scarves to matches too!

I propose, that the league is abandoned. And that due to our appeal, we are allowed to complete in next years CL (as CAS are behind with cases).
By the time the appeal is heard, UEFA have to lift FFP restrictions to allow finances to be injected into the game and a new system that restricts the debt is put in place.

Liverpool cannot be awarded the league so the league clubs vote to give them a 20 point head start in the new season.

The unfortunate aspect of the league is the CL spots and Relegation/Promotion from Championship. I think the leagues have a duty to not relegate and not promote. All qualifying for CL will revert to same as last season. All prize money will be paid out 75% (So Leeds get the top prize money but no promotion - they use money towards next season). Any team with a game in hand can have 3 pts awarded in the event of uneven games played.

The likely outcome would be Liverpool winning next years, and those teams that lost out on CL revenue clawing it back with an extra year in comp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.