Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Put forward scrapping the lot, football is meaningless during this crisis, FFS!
Absolutely, when everyone connected with football is saying the season should be scrapped, then surely the season should be scrapped. The powers that be are shit scared of the mess this will bring, absolutely shit scared.

I propose, that the league is abandoned. And that due to our appeal, we are allowed to complete in next years CL (as CAS are behind with cases).
By the time the appeal is heard, UEFA have to lift FFP restrictions to allow finances to be injected into the game and a new system that restricts the debt is put in place.

Liverpool cannot be awarded the league so the league clubs vote to give them a 20 point head start in the new season.

The unfortunate aspect of the league is the CL spots and Relegation/Promotion from Championship. I think the leagues have a duty to not relegate and not promote. All qualifying for CL will revert to same as last season. All prize money will be paid out 75% (So Leeds get the top prize money but no promotion - they use money towards next season). Any team with a game in hand can have 3 pts awarded in the event of uneven games played.

The likely outcome would be Liverpool winning next years, and those teams that lost out on CL revenue clawing it back with an extra year in comp.

I was agreeing with you 1894, then you went and added the second and fourth paragraphs, nah, I cannot believe anyone will go with the 20 point lead, what's the use in having a season then if everyone is playing catch up. Sorry buddy.

I was agreeing with you 1894, then you went and added the second and fourth paragraphs, nah, I cannot believe anyone will go with the 20 point lead, what's the use in having a season then if everyone is playing catch up. Sorry buddy.

I was trying to think of the fairest way possible. It's all irrelevant as we don't know what will come of all this. Imagine no football till Christmas due to no pre-season causing delay to the new season.
Personally I don't think the Liverpool squad deserve no title and a reset. I've had enough joy seeing them squirm through the suspension, so I'm not arsed if say the league get 9 games done in 18 days just to get it finished. It's taken a shine off the season in general so if that's how they win it, so be it.

null and void is the only way and it keeps the court papers from stacking up on the desk at the FA, you just cant simply award the title to them on the basis that they are a decent few points in front, if it was the case and they gave it them then it would have knock on effects down the premiership and through the other leagues, its not going to happen and also its not going to get finnished off in a few months time, my guess is that we even may be looking at a winter start for the new season 'Oct, Nov' on the bassis of 19 games only so it can be finnished for the re aranged euro's

Yesterday I was certain it would be wiped out, today I’m certain it will be finished

Based on what, repetition of the usual suspects in the media?

Hey, i Wish it i does get finished, if that means the spread has dipped so significantly and societies worldwide are all benefiting from the coronavirus decline. I just struggle to see that soon enough.

The thing is, so many pundits and co calling so often for the title to be handed to them, builds up the expectation that anything pess will come to be seen as an outrageous injustice. Meanwhile, the pandemic, or its effects on anyone else, club or public, is ignored.

I was trying to think of the fairest way possible. It's all irrelevant as we don't know what will come of all this. Imagine no football till Christmas due to no pre-season causing delay to the new season.
Personally I don't think the Liverpool squad deserve no title and a reset. I've had enough joy seeing them squirm through the suspension, so I'm not arsed if say the league get 9 games done in 18 days just to get it finished. It's taken a shine off the season in general so if that's how they win it, so be it.
it is not feasable t o try and finish the season,players and clubs will be isolating,some might not be able to field a team,it seems the push is to play 2games so the dippers can win then scrape the rest,they are just going to have to take it on the chin and not win it

i think the best thing to do is finish how it is,nobody has won mathematicaly so nobody gets crowned champions or relegated,germany looks interesting,going with 22 teams next season and lets face it they know what they are doing with organising football matters

i have also seen finish the leagues but not the cl,i cant see the sense with spreading this around europe between clubs and fans

this is our best chance of winning the cl but we have to just let it go

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.