COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they locked down too late it had been in the country for a few weeks and people were still traveling all over the country.

They have said it will take time from the lockdowns start for it to steady amd start reducing.

Yep, the later the lockdown starts, the more dramatic the situation.

Your steadfast denial of last weeks discussion on ‘herd immunity’ as the reason why we were not taking immediate steps to restrict large gatherings and for people to carry on as normal is undaunted in the face of everyone telling you to the contrary I see.
The scientific term 'herd immunity' refers to a natural and wholly unavoidable consequence of the epidemic taking its inevitable course. The public controversy is around the press speculation, prompted by anonymous briefngs, that the government held back from painful social distancing measures - which in some way will now result in a higher proportion of the population being infected. That is a judgement call, if they followed the best scientifc advice available to them - with all the complex trade-offs in terms of social and economic disruption vs the manageable scale of infection that's built into it - that is all we can reasonably ask.

Last edited:
Have any stats been released about the ages of those contracting it?

I'd have thought children would be more likely to get it as they wash their hands less often and through playing would be touching more people
I don't know if this is true or fake news but I heard that children don't have the receptors to attract the virus, like I say could be and probably is bull shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.