TV Series

Still think animal kingdom is one of the best shows out there. Ellen Barkin as Janine Cody is outstanding

I'm watching Hunters on Amazon and onto the 3rd episode. Wondering whether to carry on or not cos its pretty crap, I keep thinking I should stick with it cos Al Pacino is in it and it might get better but it could be a another 10 hours of my life I'll never get back.

I'm watching Hunters on Amazon and onto the 3rd episode. Wondering whether to carry on or not cos its pretty crap, I keep thinking I should stick with it cos Al Pacino is in it and it might get better but it could be a another 10 hours of my life I'll never get back.

It's worth sticking it out to work out historical fact from fiction.

I thought the first episode of Hunters was fantastic. It had a great panorama which set a really enjoyable tone. The sets were beautifully made. I am also on episode 3 and find it has gone into a more focussed myopic tone that kind of clashes with how it started out. I am going to stick with it for the outragiously in your face choreography, set design etc. Also as Bigga says the real from the fake does blend well together and gives your mind something to do sussing out the historically accurate parts they have spliced into the series.

I think it could benefit from a less representative tick box formula possibly? For example the very attractive black lass with the afro and the Asian chap or the English mi5 agent feel like forced diversity. I look at Inglourious Basterds for that kind of consistent tone i.e. all the basterds are Jewish blokes as you would expect. It makes for an interesting take but they are like the bat belt. All have a specific skill which will no doubt be needed at just the right time which takes away from the honesty of the show if you get me. It is not a big issue, just something that feels a little clumbsy. On the flip side if you had all ex Israeli special forces as the crew it could very easily become stale/tedious so i can see why they took this direction.

I will stick with it if only for the great sets and interesting take on Nazi hunters, all in all it is deals with a stain on humanity in a fun, involving way. I also get a kick out of Pacino a hairs width away from just speaking like scarface aka how he always speaks. A fantastic actor but he struggles comically so with accents.

On episode 5 now, it's a pretty great show i think. The characters are all getting some decent depth and the pacing is pretty good.

Edit: Westworld season 3 episode 1 is out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.