COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's pretty buried!
Why it isn't linked to - front and centre - by every news website is a mystery.

It's badly written though. This bit:
"You should remain in your home. Do not go to work, school, or public areas, and do not use public transport or taxis. You cannot go for a walk."

There shouldn't really be a 'cannot' there - it's a request, not an order, as far as I can see. It's mixed messages.
It can be a bit confusing I’ve been explaining to one of my neighbours that the over 70’s lockdown doesn’t mean she’ll be locked in her house or be allowed in her garden, I can tell she’s still frightened though, I’ll make her a brew in the morning and try to reassure her.

CpafBhuf.jpg

Seeing people running marathons, attending horse racing or concerts in their thousands; along with posts from people I know being in pubs and restaurant's... I think people in UK have no idea just how bad things are going to get.

Every other country is enacting some form of social distancing to slow it down yet this country has to bumble it's way through situations yet again.

Last edited:
An hour ago from Tha Doc...

Someone who explains it clearly and to all is what is needed but it will put the shits up people.

He is using one million people in his examples and 50,000 needing ventilators but I suppose they wont all need one at the same time.

However if the government prediction of up to 80% getting this, then based on what this fella is saying, then up to 2.5m people may need them and 5m need oxygen. Even if spread over a year that’s 100,000 a week potentially needing a ventilator.

Why haven’t there been any National TV announcements on this? Are they just trying to stop panic?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.