COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Korea have said patient 31 and a lack of social distancing and isolation was why the numbers exploded

Patient 31
It’s not clear where Patient 31 became infected with the virus, but in the days before her diagnosis, she travelled to crowded spots in Daegu, as well as in the capital Seoul. On February 6 she was in a minor traffic accident in Daegu, and checked herself into an Oriental medicine hospital. While at that hospital, she attended services at the Daegu branch of the Shincheonji Church of Jesus, on February 9 and again on February 16.

In between those visits, on February 15, doctors at the hospital said they first suggested she be tested for the coronavirus, as she had a high fever. Instead, the woman went to a buffet lunch with a friend at a hotel. In an interview with local newspaper JoongAng Ilbo, the woman denied that doctors had advised her to be tested. As her symptoms worsened, however, doctors say they once again advised her to be tested. On February 17, she finally went to another hospital for the test. The next day, health authorities announced she was the country’s 31st confirmed case. In only a matter of days, those numbers had soared as hundreds of people at the Shincheonji Church and surrounding areas tested positive.

Full article here

https://graphics.reuters.com/CHINA-...dex.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

Second video of the day from the Doc.

Says that Iran and Italy are countries that use a lot of drugs to reduce fever: paracetamol, ibuprofen, aspirin and steroids... but reducing the fever seems to be creating greater death rates.

He says let the fever run its course and do not use drugs/tablets to reduce the fever!

I’ve always half-jokingly held the view that taking these things makes you soft and humans shouldn’t be taking these things when they’re ill or in pain. We have our own built-in painkillers and temperature managing hormones and enzymes, and we don’t need to take external ones.

These types of tablets are also bad for our organs
https://www.everydayhealth.com/pain...eeffects-of-over-the-counter-painkillers.aspx

In Amsterdam, pubs, restaurants, gyms, coffee shops all closed down till 6th April, I imagine public transport to follow too. Scary times, the virus is deeply worrying but so is isolation too

Speaking of the horse racing we should see a massive outbreak in Cheltenham soon if it really was the danger that people said it was.

250,000 visitors to the racecourse over the 4 days, 2.5x the population of the town and most of them ate drank and slept in Cheltenham and the surrounding area too.

4-5 days standard time to show symptoms, today is 5 days from Day 1 of racing.

Let's hope not.

Crazy that people would risk their health and the health of any love ones who already have health issues.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...d-see-79m-hospitalised?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Spring 2021!

“For the public to hear that it could last for 12 months, people are going to be really upset about that and pretty worried about that”, said Paul Hunter, a professor of medicine at the University of East Anglia.

“A year is entirely plausible. But that figure isn’t well appreciated or understood,” added Hunter, an expert in epidemiology.

“I think it will dip in the summer, towards the end of June, and come back in November, in the way that usual seasonal flu does. I think it will be around forever, but become less severe over time, as immunity builds up,” he added.

The admission that the virus will continue to cause problems for another year appears to undermine hopes that the arrival of warmer weather this summer would kill it.

No one has suggested the summer will kill it only that it will slow it down and help the NHS cope.

Seeing people running marathons, attending horse racing or concerts in their thousands; along with posts from people I know being in pubs and restaurant's... I think people in UK have no idea just how bad things are going to get.

Every other country is enacting some form of social distancing to slow it down yet this country has to bumble it's way through situations yet again.

Not sure about every other country. Take Australia for instance. I’m not totally up to speed with what’s going on there admittedly but a guy on my FB friends list (an exiled City fan I met on Boxing Day at West Brom a few years back) who lives in Melbourne has been out on the piss all weekend and it seems plenty others over there were too. His status on Friday was hoping the New Order gig he was planning to attend in Melbourne wasn’t going to get called off due to “coronavirus hysteria”. Which is weird because he’s really political and I’d have thought with him being left-wing he’d be sticking the boot into the government over this whole issue while also displaying some genuine concern over it, yet he’s acting like there isn’t even an issue at all! Now I don’t know whether that is being replicated across Australia. Perhaps someone can clarify? Maybe they’re lagging a bit just as we seemed to be up until a week or so ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.