Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I’d say bottom 8 would want it voided, then Chelsea and spurs as they’d get champions league, a Arsenal would get europa so that’s 11.
Liverpool, Leicester, Wolves Sheffield United wouldn’t. So you’d have City and 3 other who it doesn’t affect either way, we could well hold the casting vote, void it Khaldoon void it.

Im not sure it will come to a vote, this is much bigger than football....

Hang on surely FFP will mean no one will go out of business, that's what we were told it was for!!
UEFA boast in their annual benchmarking report that although debt has increased it is manageable as income as increased. I wonder if this situation becomes prolonged will it still be manageable?

Im not sure it will come to a vote, this is much bigger than football....
Indeed. The world economy is on the line as well as the rising death toll.

I am at Dubai airport returning from a weeks work in Muscat. Looking at the number of flights cancelled, I am relieved that I should get home. I had an email to tell me I would be working from home for the foreseeable future.

I don’t see there is a pups chance of Premier League, FA Cup, or CL matches starting this side of August. Maybe not this year?

Indeed. The world economy is on the line as well as the rising death toll.

I am at Dubai airport returning from a weeks work in Muscat. Looking at the number of flights cancelled, I am relieved that I should get home. I had an email to tell me I would be working from home for the foreseeable future.

I don’t see there is a pups chance of Premier League, FA Cup, or CL matches starting this side of August. Maybe not this year?

My boss flew out to Dubai yesterday for a week's holiday with his wife, son, daughter, and their partners. He really didn't want to go but as he'd forked out around £8000 all told, he felt he had little choice but to go, otherwise he'd have lost the lot. I didn't realise there were flights being cancelled in Dubai already so come Sunday when he's due to fly home he might have an issue.

My boss flew out to Dubai yesterday for a week's holiday with his wife, son, daughter, and their partners. He really didn't want to go but as he'd forked out around £8000 all told, he felt he had little choice but to go, otherwise he'd have lost the lot. I didn't realise there were flights being cancelled in Dubai already so come Sunday when he's due to fly home he might have an issue.

I had visitors due here from Dubai this week, they cancelled last week as they had been told they may not be let back in by the time they were set to return. This thing is massive, nowhere will be left untouched!!

I had visitors due here from Dubai this week, they cancelled last week as they had been told they may not be let back in by the time they were set to return. This thing is massive, nowhere will be left untouched!!

Yep - it's escalating like fuck mate. Maybe all countries should've gone into lockdown back in January when news of this first surfaced

Personally I think that anyone who wishes to persuade the EPL or any other sporting body via a level of media pressure, similar to that which got Salad voted PoTY to play out games with or without fans is extremely selfish and utterly deluded . That's Hacks, Pundits, Presenters, Fans, Clubs and Ex Players. I get they were gonna win the league, I get they were desperate to claw closer to the Rags and want to get 6 points, but for fucks sake, this is peoples lives we are talking about here. This isnt a flu bug, it's a killer. Give them a fucking commemorative plate from collectables and have done with it. If that's what it takes to stop them effectively promoting more loss of life just do it, bunch of selfish cnuts. They are acting like a bunch of spoilt kids without any thought for what the bigger picture is. And as a COPD sufferer I have a vested interest because I want to see my kids grow up including my diabetic son. I have no other words to describe this bunch of desperate, despicable bastards

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.