COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks. I don't accept any of that as fact at all.

"our government is following the best available scientific advice" - Nope, don't accept that.
"the virus will flow through the population until it is stopped by the immunity of those who have recovered" - No, not that either.
"The aim is to protect vulnerable groups by limiting the spread through delaying and reducing the peak infection rate." - Not even sure about that. It might be the aim, possibly.

In short, none of the above are facts. They are conjectures, disagreed with by many. That you accept them, does not make them facts at all.

I don't know whether you are incapable of independent thought or it's just that having nailed your colours to a particular mast, you feel unable to accept the possibility of you having been wrong. Either way, I am not bothered.

I was thinking that it was an opinion on a policy, and not a fact.

@SebastianBlue was pretty good in #11549 - the communication has been bad enough - and not corrected formally - that the Govt plan is unclear. If herd immunity was a longterm goal, then presenting it upfront makes no sense.

The quote you copied: "The aim is to protect vulnerable groups by limiting the spread through delaying and reducing the peak infection rate."
I don't understand how the govt plan is doing this. It seems fundamentally to not be limiting anything at the moment, when surely the best way to delay the peak is to delay initial spread as much as possible.

I strongly suspect the govt were given a bunch of facts (science, great) and a bunch of approaches possible (projections, also great). They then threw in some behavioural modelling (nudge, ugh), and selected this plan. As others have said, they've managed to not bring the media onside, let alone the people, and that's baffling.

Good luck with the recovery.

Have you been tested?
Cheers no they've stopped testing now unless your'e taken into hospital, two we were dealing with tested positive and as we deal with elderly vulnerable people as a matter of course doing condition reports we were self isolated straight away, which is when I developed all the classic symptoms. I wouldn't wish this on many I can see a lot of elderly people being in serous trouble and seeing the elderly on a day to day basis locking them away for 4 month's isn't the answer some don't have a days food in the house.

We joked about the Chinese deliberately infecting loads of defence workers at the Milipol exhibition late November, as loads of us came back with what we described as manflu on steroids. There were 2 separate Chinese delegations there wandering around looking like death warmed up coughing their guts up every 2 mins. Would almost be nice if it was covid in hindsight as it took me about 6 weeks to shift and my lungs are crap.
Hopefully there will be an antibody immunity test at some point for you to check.

No thanks. I don't accept any of that as fact at all.

"our government is following the best available scientific advice" - Nope, don't accept that.
"the virus will flow through the population until it is stopped by the immunity of those who have recovered" - No, not that either.
"The aim is to protect vulnerable groups by limiting the spread through delaying and reducing the peak infection rate." - Not even sure about that. It might be the aim, possibly.

In short, none of the above are facts. They are conjectures, disagreed with by many. That you accept them, does not make them facts at all.

I don't know whether you are incapable of independent thought or it's just that having nailed your colours to a particular mast, you feel unable to accept the possibility of you having been wrong. Either way, I am not bothered.
I don't understand how you can avoid a spike and flatten the curve by giving it free rein.
Surely flattening the curve involves some kind of control and restriction.
Something doesn't add up.

Much the same as you in that when I have copped for something weird after I came back from Malaga late January, only just getting over the breathlessness and coughing shite up, not got brilliant lungs as it is, so I am deeply suspicious of what i might of had, despite NHS 111 dismissing it on account of not having been to Italy or China. The fact I was sat for two hours with a plane load of Italians bound for Milan seemed not to be relevant. I cannot say with any confidence that I have had it, but I would'nt be betting much on not having had it either.

Had I been as clued up on what was coming when the symptoms came on about 5 days after I was back I would have shit myself.

That’s what happens when they refuse to test anybody that isn’t deemed at risk. The figure is pointless

disagree. It’s an important measure of those at serious risk. Data is everything. Those with mild symptoms are self isolating and taking self precautions to get better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.