COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you're already showing symptoms? Weird.
i think it happens in HIV too. If someone's infected, the symptoms would appear 1 to 4 weeks after the initial exposure.However, people still might test negative as the HIV virus has a long window period.

someone was on tv was saying when your temp is up that is your imune system kicking in and doing its job and not reccomended to try to bring it down unless of course its threatening life, ibuprofen is not recomended as it narrows the airways but paracetomol is fine
Been taking paracetamol as sparingly as possible hate bloody taking tablets, funny the NHS recommending ibuprofen. If my immune systems working it needs to hurry up.
Just had a memo from my health and safety man if you feel like you're drowning ring ambulance asap.

WHO press conference is defo turning the heat up on our team in the uk. Seem to be demanding more action , quicker from countries

Bojo conference will be interesting later

I'm also keen to see what his demeanour is like, that's the only way of decoding what is really happening behind the scenes - Any Hugh Grant impressions or continuous use of latin will suggest things are looking better.

My brother in law has been refused a test. They’ve told him he has pneumonia and have sent him away with stronger antibiotics. He’s been hot and cold with the usual symptoms been battling through it at home but got a lot worse yesterday so had to go through 111. But since his temperature was not high at the time they saw him, they haven’t given him a test for COVID-19. He’s 29 years old and fit as a fiddle. Hoping it’s not this virus and just a bad chest infection that became pneumonia. They are only following the instruction from above, so I don’t blame them, but in an ideal world he really should have been tested.

Can’t help wondering why some of the biggest firms out there like BA have little or no cash reserves. Within weeks of this crisis occurring these firms are running out of cash and looking for bailouts. Demands from shareholders (pension funds) and weak leadership from CEOs means that any cash or assets are returned to shareholders as many companies struggle to deliver the unrealistic ‘returns’ demanded by shareholders. We saw this in 2008 there wasn’t a house builder - despite decades of huge profits- that had any cash - they were all borrowing to build and when liquidity dried up they couldn’t build. You’d hope that company’s would learn lessons but they don’t.... they live hand to mouth and seem to have little or no contingency for any pause or problem with the market. The world is about to go through a paradigm shift... I don’t know how well prepared other companies are but I really don’t think UK firms look particularly resilient. I do know from my earlier career working in US firms they always had huge cash mountains set aside for a rainy day - i don’t see any evidence of many UK firms sitting on big cash contingencies. I guess many US firms will be flicking through the fine print of Chapter 11 - another competitive advantage not afforded to UK firms.

The Company that owns BA has £9bn in reserves, I read this afternoon. It’s Virgin in particular who claim to be close to going to the wall without a vast Government subsidy.

"Patient 31" in South Korea sounds like a reckless ****
Patient 31 I believe was part of some massive new-age cult bullshit they have over there. She attended a function with lots of people and the thing of that cult is that they all try to remain anonymous and don't really believe in medicine, so tracking them down to test and isolate them was tough.

WHO saying everyone with any symptoms should be tested.

Sounds like common sense but there's something I genuinely can't get my head around with this....

In the very early stages of infection I believe it's possible to test negative so are they saying that people should be tested again & again & again? If so, when do they stop testing?
It might be because when they take the swabs they don't do it properly. It looks on to cells in the respiratory tract and then starts replicating so swabs should get it.

I was lucky to get it 3 weeks ago as then 111 got me immediate help and treatment and tested which was positive,i think now it is harder to get that help as the advice has changed,don't be alarmed if you feel better but then goes back a bit,that happened to me,it does get easier,if you have paracetamol or simliar then take it regularly,neurofen seems a no no now though,it is vile but it does get better
Thanks for that Karen it's worse today than last two days in some respects.

WHO saying everyone with any symptoms should be tested.

Sounds like common sense but there's something I genuinely can't get my head around with this....

In the very early stages of infection I believe it's possible to test negative so are they saying that people should be tested again & again & again? If so, when do they stop testing?

Quick tests are being manufactured aren't they for antibody detection - similar packs to hiv ones; result in 20 minutes, logistically difficulty with the current swab testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.