Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The Premier League risk breaching the £3billion TV contract for this season if the competition is not completed by the end of July. Under contracts signed with Sky, BT and overseas broadcasters, the PL are committed to delivering a completed programme by July 31

@MailSport

It is all very complicated

Exactly... someone will say they’ve played more games against higher ranking teams and unless everyone players everyone home and away then the league cannot be concluded. I struggle with the utter bollocks being quoted by pundits.... the meeting this week at the FA should NOT be hijacked by the Dippers - this is NOT just about them... it might be about the very future of the game and the survival of some of the clubs.

That's a very minor issue compared with the title/promotion/relegation/CL-EL spots conundrum. Use this season's rankings and find a way to distribute the home and away games based on it.

UEFA want to finish the chumps league and the Thursday losers cup by having some kind of mini tournament, if we allow these money grubbing shylocks to dictate the way our health is impacted by their drive for wealth and power we'd by absolutely mad.

Given the "lock down" just introduced into the UK how can football recommence any time soon?
Common sense is needed by every organisation - breach of contracts should not be a consideration, people's health is paramount and comprises should be negotiated wherever possible.

How the frell this is even a discussion at the moment is beyond me. Nobody has a clue how things will stand in a couple of weeks let alone months down the line. Some teams may not even be in existence to finish any league games for a supposed resumption. Are people expecting clubs that pay wages from that weeks gate receipts to still be around in six months? Never mind squads that lose players to contract expiration or possible other reasons. Talk of what should happen next should be saved for when there is light at the end of the tunnel. For now focus on the welfare of the players and clubs should be the primary concern not awarding pretend medals for nearly winning things.
the cretins and soul sappers from the media pipes up - not forgetting we will realise your drug is not worth our time - you soul sapping scum.

It's all about money. Personally I would love to see a side affect of this shutdown be a collapse of both the Premier League and UEFA, who together have sold the soul of our game. It would be fantastic to see something fresh and more genuine arrive. Certainly some model that did not involve saturation TV coverage and that encouraged local fans to fill seats in the stadium.

With regard to this season I am convinced it will be declared null and void but they will delay this decision for months as the reality of lost TV revenue will be a bitter pill to swallow.

Hopefully football will eventually kick of again with a fresh model in around a year's time, but more realistically I'm thinking Aug 21.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.