Earliest City match attended by a forum member

Did anyone else go the Junior Blues Christmas parties at the Social Club every year ?

Get a free Football in a Box.

Loved that side of our Club.

I think it was around 1981 - I was 6 and I think it was Spurs but Im not quite sure....I think I was in the Platt Lane end Corner of the Kippax which was weird as every other game that I attended with my dad and grandad once i started going regualrly we were alwasy in the North Stand end of the Kippax (not the corner section but the main stand near the top of the staris - I used to sit ona. wall so i could see over everyone - got a cold arse every week!

Slightly off topic, but something that occurred to me whilst visiting my elderly mother in Whaley Bridge.

My dad dragged her to the 0-0 v Bury in 64-65 when Colin Bell was playing for the opposition. She hated every minute, but almost 50 years later, insisted on being taken to a 2nd game (FA Cup Tie v Watford in January 2013).

She therefore qualifies as somebody who was present in the really dark days of George Poyser, but also a JCL with a pensioner crush on Roberto Mancini.

I'd be surprised if there's a bigger gap between games on here.

Sid's post reminds me of the Junior Blues. Did other clubs have anything similar. Remember it as being a huge network across Greater Manchester which loads of us must have been involved with

earliest i can remember, is my dad taking me to a reserve game on a saturday when they played at the same time as the first team who were away, its only a vague memory though think it maybe a stoke or sunderland but not sure, i do remember thinking wow this is big

first match i definitely remember is city 0 liverpool 3 in 1976

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.