COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't tell old folk that age anything,you defo get much more stubborn as you get old,i have problem with other people not following the rules though

But they’re not helping still and will become spreaders, put strain on the NHS and will slow how quick we can react.

That’s why I’m in favour of a ban.

Trail closure for my place on friday, I will be in isolation after that, spending tomorrow in work but distanced from the team just setting up for next few weeks then I am on lockdown.

Better safe than sorry for all .

Its a tough time mate. I always thought it was about quality rather than quantity but my mums last few years ravaged by cancer were no fun for any of us. I was with her when she died and by Christ she fought for every breath - it was a mercy in the end and I console myself with the thought that it was a reflex action but when I think about it I often wonder whether there is something inside you that no matter how bad life is there is something that fights to keep you here, It haunts me 12 years on.

I ain't religious Mate but keep the faith...

But they’re not helping still and will become spreaders, put strain on the NHS and will slow how quick we can react.

That’s why I’m in favour of a ban.
I think you have to balance it,he might be on his own and the only thing keeping him alive is his trip to the pub,do i really want to condemn someone like that to isolation and a sad lonely end,head says one thing heart says another

Came back from Benidorm yesterday (went before the main outbreak) been sweating all day, aching, shortness in breath and sore throat, now decided to isolate from the world. Probably just a cold or something but don't want to be involved in infecting someone who passed me by. Take it serious people and we should be OK.

I think you have to balance it,he might be on his own and the only thing keeping him alive is his trip to the pub,do i really want to condemn someone like that to isolation and a sad lonely end,head says one thing heart says another

My dad looks after him, in that he drives him back from City and drinks with him. he’s available to keep him company if needed and has been trying to talk him out of going to the pub.

Blimey! in that case give him a slap!!

My old dad lived to 92 before he died. The last ten after my mum died were miserable. My wonderful sister and her brilliant husband moved in with him and looked after him after my mum died. I went to visit every couple of months. Number 1 son. He told me things he would never say to them. He was waiting to die. Over the ten years he just grew more and more sad. Eventually time bought up with him. He could have fought it but he had no appetite. old age is not all it's cracked up to be. Especially when the one person you have lived with and for is taken from you.

OK, that's the wine talking. I will delete this tomorrow and resume my heartless unfeeling tory **** persona from then on.
Not the wine talking at all mate both my granddads died of the same thing. They just gave up completely after losing the love of thier lives after about 10 years of battling on. So I see where your coming from exactly

Came back from Benidorm yesterday (went before the main outbreak) been sweating all day, aching, shortness in breath and sore throat, now decided to isolate from the world. Probably just a cold or something but don't want to be involved in infecting someone who passed me by. Take it serious people and we should be OK.
hang in their bud,,,tell me one thing, does it feel like someone has a foot on your chest,hard to explain but like cramp in your lungs,not all the time but now and again

It’s not racist. It’s just putting a name of origin to something.

The person/people giving a name of origin to this or a flu in the past, has not seen them make comments linking to the race of people they’re talking about being inferior to their race.

It’s only regionalist if the person using it makes comments about people from that region being inferior than people from the region the person is from.

Description is not racism/xenophobia/regionalism.
I think it is safe to say that in the original context that was being described by the the poster I was responding to the terms are definitely being used in a racist way (you’ll probably agree with that I think when you read their original question). But I also think there are quite a few good write ups indicating why calling it the “Chinese Flu” is racist even out of that specific context.

But, as I said before, we’re entering politicly adjacent territory so we should take it over to that thread if we want to continue (and I am happy to do so).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.