Hooliganism

Everton,back in the day,easily the most violently racist ground in the country..Kendalls first game as our manager 1990.goodison park was raw,scary.never bin so relieved to get into anawayground.and..that sense of relief was shared by all of the 2k standing Blues behind the goal,( more in the seats up above us)cos it manifested itself in loud and proud support for City..bottom of the league,playing the champions of england on their own turf,no away win for 5 yrs in top division.....We let fooking Everton know we were there that day...and deservedly stole a point0-0....a defensive master class with Harper as sweeper..the away section standing in those days was little more than a bear pit,it was mayhem.....Happy days.
I went in 87 with the Guvnors. We all got stupid baseball caps off antique shops on Oldham Street. Paul Power played for Everton and it was 0 0.

I went in 87 with the Guvnors. We all got stupid baseball caps off antique shops on Oldham Street. Paul Power played for Everton and it was 0 0.
Must have been wierd for Paul Power , a Manchester lad playing against his fav team....6 years earlier he,d scored the last min goal for us at goodison in that cup game which really lit the fuse for violence,all around the ground..and all the way baaach to lime street

My mate was nicked and thrown in Walton overnight for being from Manchester. Got a bit of cash so dropped eventually. Got pulled out of the Park end by the bent coppers. Gerry How. Two nil. Boxing Day.
That's the game! Gerry Gow RIP

i suppose this has died a death, what with no footy to hooliganise over. thoughts go out to the knuckle dragging idiots, at this time.

Thank you for your concern but I had a ruck with Spurs only last night. I was careful to wear a mask and sewed a Stone Island badge onto my hazmat. We basically bounced up and down at each other and threw a few carefully sanitised bottles, before the fucking hazmat coppers turned up with cameras. Gonna meet again next week if you fancy it, I have spare Lacoste latex gloves.

i suppose this has died a death, what with no footy to hooliganise over. thoughts go out to the knuckle dragging idiots, at this time.
It isn't the 70's mate.............no knuckle dragging now....need the hands for the zimmer frame

Must have been wierd for Paul Power , a Manchester lad playing against his fav team....6 years earlier he,d scored the last min goal for us at goodison in that cup game which really lit the fuse for violence,all around the ground..and all the way baaach to lime street
We were in the top tier seats on the side opposite the main stand, and, at the final whistle, climbed over into the home seats and exited the ground near the Gwladys street exit. No problems walking to the car and made a swift exit!

We were in the top tier seats on the side opposite the main stand, and, at the final whistle, climbed over into the home seats and exited the ground near the Gwladys street exit. No problems walking to the car and made a swift exit!
I sat in those very same seats for the quarter final league cup 1987l match we lost 0-2 under Machin.the scariest thing for me that day(after our coach got bricked on the way in,and then finding out Imre varadi wasnt fit to partner paul stewart upfront..Paul Lake played upfront) was the bloody height of those seats...so high you had to take lifts up there...i was petrified all game...never bin good with heights and in a way i was glad we didnt score...i literally froze all match ..it just seemed a sheer drop down to the pitch,with next to no room in between the rows of seats.scary..but no trouble afterwards...we had home suppporters around our block of supporters club obtained extra seats.

Strange coincidence Gow and Power scored again the season after too ......
Gerry gows goal(1-1) as described by David Coleman on MoTD" And Manchester City have equalised!! Just when it mattered most"

Coleman was favouring City that day you could just pick up on this from his voice if you listen carefully to his commentary on the u tube clip..

When Caton gives away the penalty to make it 2-1 Coleman actuslly says ..and was Caton held there? It does look as tho the everton forward peter eastoe i think,hangs onto Caton as he turns and then falls to the floor dramatically...as Trevor Ross walks up to take the kick Coleman says hopefully.."and Ross has already missed two this week"

But getting back to hooliganism...Coleman descibes the frienzied atmosphere really well,early in the game by saying.." Its bedlam on the pitch,and its bedlam all around the ground"

The equalising goal by Power at the end, 2-2 was prob the most excited ive ever been for a match i wasnt actually at...i had the old radio 2 coverage on a small transistor radio in my bedroom, was edgy and nervous as fuck...you could feel the tension overthe airwaves as 54 thousand fans made a hell of a racket.What a day!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.