UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way the pandemic is going, rather than chasing City for punishment, clubs will need someone who can put money into the game and I can only see us and PSG with the ability to do just that. We might be able to get some bargains for once as sellers will have little to bargain with. In a perverse way, City may become 'loved' as the rest of Europe will have no option but to accept any take it or leave it bids that we put in. It is in UEFA'S best interests to drop these charges if it wants the sport to continue in a recognizable format.

The way the pandemic is going, rather than chasing City for punishment, clubs will need someone who can put money into the game and I can only see us and PSG with the ability to do just that. We might be able to get some bargains for once as sellers will have little to bargain with. In a perverse way, City may become 'loved' as the rest of Europe will have no option but to accept any take it or leave it bids that we put in. It is in UEFA'S best interests to drop these charges if it wants the sport to continue in a recognizable format.

As someone else has said..I find it hilarious that certain people in the media etc who have championed that our owner cannot put his own money into our club, are now championing that the likes of of our owner and club should pump money into other clubs to keep football going

They can fuck right off in my book

There's plenty of scope to apply for preliminary relief should it be required, and with a 10 day turnaround June would probably be the cut off to do so if next seasons competition was starting in July which is far from likely.

https://www.tas-cas.org/en/arbitration/code-procedural-rules.html
I think we should factor in the lack of resources/personnel CAS are likely to face, and the huge volume of cases and unique complexities that are likely to go to CAS in these extraordinary times.

City's FFP case maybe the most important case in our club's history? but it won't be top of the list of the case's CAS will be looking at with all the coronavirus issues!

Demands are growing that Premier League clubs should allocate some of their broadcast revenues to smaller clubs to help them survive. Henry Winter has done two pages on it in today's Times. No one has pointed out yet that, even if clubs wanted to do this, they couldn't because they would breach FFP rules. The football authorities hate investment but love debt. If they want to help the smaller clubs perhaps they should just borrow a huge amount of money and give it to the smaller clubs creating a huge pot of debt. That would be fine under FFP. What a farce.

Demands are growing that Premier League clubs should allocate some of their broadcast revenues to smaller clubs to help them survive. Henry Winter has done two pages on it in today's Times. No one has pointed out yet that, even if clubs wanted to do this, they couldn't because they would breach FFP rules. The football authorities hate investment but love debt. If they want to help the smaller clubs perhaps they should just borrow a huge amount of money and give it to the smaller clubs creating a huge pot of debt. That would be fine under FFP. What a farce.

PIK bonds I believe are most preferred & the cayman islands are still open so i'am sure the Glazier clan could sort some favourable rates out if the PL clubs really wanted to do this.

Surely there could be a central pot into which the Premier League teams could contribute to thereby not paying an individual club but helping prop up the lower league teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.