King of the Kippax | Last ever edition (p 20)

If I recall correctly MCIVTA wasn’t online but was an email subscription service.

Correct. MCIVTA is still going, actually, but is now sent out weekly (it used to be twice weekly). It started in 1994 with 12 subscribers, who were all academics, I think, arising from some loose group they'd formed to exchange news via whatever platform existed to do that at the time. I discovered it when working abroad in the late 1990s. I subscribed in 1997 and was persuaded to contribute a news summary for each issue from 1998 to 2001, and at the end of that period the number of subscribers had risen to more than 5,000.

At the time, certainly for non-local City fans, the email format was a huge advantage. Many people weren't online at home and those with internet access at work were often restricted (e.g. one terminal with online access for a whole team). Receiving City news and views to their mailbox twice a week, which they could print out and read on the journey home from work, was a godsend to many overseas subscribers, though I recall that around 50% .

I'm afraid I don't know what happened after 2001, as there was a change of editorship and I couldn't get along with the new regime. I walked away from the backroom team and unsubscribed, so have no idea how it evolved after that.

City till i Cry?

I was somewhat crestfallen when this one disappeared. I used to park in the Blue Car Park and walk all the fuckin' way round the ground to Ashton Rd. Never saw it on sale on the campus. I still recall the issue that gave a couple of paper clips and an elastic band as a free gift so that when fixed - I think it was the Pee-arse era - we could all generate a smile!

I was somewhat crestfallen when this one disappeared. I used to park in the Blue Car Park and walk all the fuckin' way round the ground to Ashton Rd. Never saw it on sale on the campus. I still recall the issue that gave a couple of paper clips and an elastic band as a free gift so that when fixed - I think it was the Pee-arse era - we could all generate a smile!
Thought it was brilliant, the Gary Neville diary piece and his love for Beckham, I've got quite a few copies in a box in the loft, going to go and find them

If we were all still buying City fanzines, Bluemoon would have never taken off and Ric would still be working at McDonald's instead of being a dot com millionaire.
Life (and love) is strange.
Nope. Bluemoon would still be here and as strong. KOTK would be doing even better ( deservedly) Cannot sing its praises enough. Intelligent contributors, with great wit and knowledge. Plenty of good stuff on Bluemoon too, but when someone has to sit down, get a plan together to write an article, proof read it, change it and finally decide to send it for publication, that’s a higher level. Opinions of course of which I don’t always agree with but never the less, well informed stuff and doesn’t toe the company line so to speak. I’m from Belfast but go over to a lot of games, if I see a seller when I’m there, home or away, I’ll buy another zine to support it. If it goes before I do I’ll be gutted. Love it, just love it.

Nope. Bluemoon would still be here and as strong. KOTK would be doing even better ( deservedly) Cannot sing its praises enough. Intelligent contributors, with great wit and knowledge. Plenty of good stuff on Bluemoon too, but when someone has to sit down, get a plan together to write an article, proof read it, change it and finally decide to send it for publication, that’s a higher level. Opinions of course of which I don’t always agree with but never the less, well informed stuff and doesn’t toe the company line so to speak. I’m from Belfast but go over to a lot of games, if I see a seller when I’m there, home or away, I’ll buy another zine to support it. If it goes before I do I’ll be gutted. Love it, just love it.
You are Dave Wallace and I claim my £10 reward!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.