Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Yep good idea about having northern and south leagues but to keep this football pyramid strong I would distribute the money better, like post earlier every premier club have just for example 2 millions less and the parachute money all going down the pyramid of football. The idea of my previous post to have the possibility of four being relegated give those teams a better chance of coming up again the following season. The 3 straight up and the 4th And 5th play each other then that winner plays the bottom four in premier gives you the play of games of sorts for the tv.
Agree about the money
Would also arrange the governing bodies into one with an organisational split professional and the amateur game, run as business units with a supervisory board made-up of the stakeholders. Got to get rid of the blazers and hangers on

There is a growing desire within the Premier League and EFL to have the season finished by June 30. An increasing number of PL clubs are lobbying for a cut-off date at which a decision will be made on whether to abandon attempts to play outstanding matches.

@MailSport

Just say it ffs,dithering worse than boris here

There is a growing desire within the Premier League and EFL to have the season finished by June 30. An increasing number of PL clubs are lobbying for a cut-off date at which a decision will be made on whether to abandon attempts to play outstanding matches.

@MailSport

The virus isn't expected to peak for two to three months so there'll be half the country infected or in isolation in May /June, including players, officials etc. To fit in 10 or 11 league matches and cup games and hope to finish by the end of June, surely you have to be starting up again by no later than the start of May.... No chance !!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the most sensible and only solution is the one the greedy twats don't want to hear.

Think about people's well-being rather than your bank accounts, you cockwombles.

QANTAS is going to stop flying internationally, Tasmania has closed its borders with mainland Australian - NZ and Australia are nowhere near the serious outbreaks but those are the actions our governments are taking. Boris has implemented lots of restrictions for the UK to try to contain the virus so why are the PL burying their heads in the sand thinking they can finish the season - utter fools. And how do UEFA think they can get their two competitions completed when Juventus players for one will not be allowed in any country given the situation in Italy.

Last edited:

@MailSport

They will cancel it at the right time in accordance with the expert opinion and advise that they are receiving.
Over the course of the intervening months they will drip feed a number of measures that may be taken to the media all the way up to the inevitable cancellation.
Sound familiar?

I hope this is a real eye-opener for people (you know if we all survive) those in control could not give less of a shit until their money is affected and they would sacrifice everyone here to protect it.
If no one survives they will not have access to any money

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.