COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought anyone showing symptoms now would be referred for a test by the HSE.
No as from Thursday last week, you can only be referred if showing symptoms and at risk and you can wait 5 hours on hold on 111 or you have breathing issues and you ring 999.
Those with symptoms now just self isolate.

Last edited:
A truly frightening thing has just occurred to me.

They're closing the schools on Friday. If you think we've got a national shortage of loo rolls now just wait to see how bad the situation gets when there's 3 million teenage boys at home for a few weeks with nothing to do
There will be a shortage of socks next, I tell you!

The big jump in cases today looked like an acceleration but if you look at number of tests vs confirmed cases the picture is a bit less daunting. No idea how to scale the picture sorry.
IPyfA1Xzq9ELjb37iTnkZN5Fg_RjS0AHmxCs4T-mpa5A_KuebwXYUeuAHZwH0sUoo3khlwwX10vwDv8QDY_CNEQbu7Oq0e2kx7XGVUgHxjFpL2CGn0z4Uod04CDeCBMCULkjSTkl1I-OraLBmGyikSDr290RPULSnksQNVGuPVjnY2cBFO5-1_nvQRMtyZtWPeT0KTXB5JMe7JnKRvgGHg88rFju3AA6DpFG2JoY5t5gnlR09pqpdbVbSWvp7UyXTYofzUehwMfUQOrWiNodsMe3evLQZjcBFH8w41lQaWOhkYxS24yrXkGusBgEsSw5Pz6wF3lzOClaLYRA7lvh_tyFdoNevdEHSNE8BABaHmNz_AhvAJ6UkXiAlScY9sQ1_A1_nC_5-JS5vvAQb9bqttc79844JVVsWJGYmnhuhVTQNq0vL65atiFeQQY_9Rkx5T4pWi8ShL9XUixEaWGXmDLSU82Qa2b-hrahX2m40XhBAshFy-_ONANTeaFe5V6rlSVldy_kp9l-MT9YYwx8UxGJIQXQjTsEquDqtzWfe9FdC8ZASbheIu7w4EQ-tHJIZEc90xQEWGJd-aLgV3XYK7bxEyiwvTm_f7EWsB8z_L1ZaE1IDki-IwrBmV2A2EeKny5L5op3Txe9jab4f7dJ6Nwf_D0rbXhlKyy0_k1lJ_rQEx75jlSlaFfehyb-=w1124-h1156-no
Yes there have been warnings that once test processing becomes better more results will come through quick therefore vastly increasing known cases. It will look like a huge spike but it’s just a better flow of information.

lBuetonium, hats off to you and the mrs (and the kids) if your having to carry on working in the coming weeks, hope everything works out, take care.

Same situation here pal. We've decided that we ain't letting the kids go in. Like you say they are complete strangers. We are going to find a solution to it but going in isn't an option we are considering.

Cheers both, good to know we're not on our own to be honest so thanks for taking the time to reply. Finally got the eldest to sleep last night but don't blame her for being upset. All your mates are going to be off schools and instead you have to go to a new school indefinitely, with strangers older and younger than you. Her usual support teacher won't be around, it's not an easy one for her to get her head around. Funny because the youngest is the complete opposite, could send her in to my work in a suit and tie and she's crack on with it with gusto.

Confess I hadn't thought of just keeping them off anyway, would be a financial hit as would be me taking the time off and I'm the full time breadwinner, but maybe it's the better option. Depends if we're talking weeks or months I suppose, and what my employer feels about that. At least Disney plus launches next week, that may help on rainy days :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.