Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

So in Scouse dreamworld...

all players have been in isolation and league is finished with no fans at random grounds...

to fulfill a TV contract (i.e. crown them champs)...

and then some player or staff returns home and infects an elderly family member...

who dies...

yep, perfect way for them to win a trophy...

BRAVO!

So in Scouse dreamworld...

all players have been in isolation and league is finished with no fans at random grounds...

to fulfill a TV contract (i.e. crown them champs)...

and then some player or staff returns home and infects an elderly family member...

who dies...

yep, perfect way for them to win a trophy...

BRAVO!

They’d never live with themselves ....

As one who doesn’t generally follow such things, I presume the club are still training at the moment. However come the inevitable lock down, all clubs would have to cease getting together. So irrespective of when the governing bodies may wish games to start there would have to be a period of conditioning to get players back into some semblance of fitness. It will be several months before we can even entertain games starting again.

As one who doesn’t generally follow such things, I presume the club are still training at the moment. However come the inevitable lock down, all clubs would have to cease getting together. So irrespective of when the governing bodies may wish games to start there would have to be a period of conditioning to get players back into some semblance of fitness. It will be several months before we can even entertain games starting again.

The team are training at home and NOT attending training. The reality is with government guidelines they are unlikely to train together for the next 3 months. The Premier League won’t play a game before September just as Schools won’t open until then.

The team are training at home and NOT attending training. The reality is with government guidelines they are unlikely to train together for the next 3 months. The Premier League won’t play a game before September just as Schools won’t open until then.
Thanks for clarifying... no option but to void the season then ;)

They are just pretending it will carry on to keep the sponsors and broadcasters happy - the PL can’t just announce it’s over because interested parties will immediately have their hands out asking for refunds/compo

They are playing along until ideally the government say it can’t be played or it becomes clear they cannot make their own deadline. It’s clear now but they need to get to their deadline with no football played

Apparently lower league players in particular are strongly against voiding the season as it puts into doubt appearance money and bonus payments which make up a large part of their earnings

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.