Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Me, grey haired, knackered and probably on my last legs, in a pub quiz sometime in 2053;

Quizmaster: 'Which team are the reigning PL champions?'
Me: breathes out a quiet Muttley laugh....

Me, grey haired, knackered and probably on my last legs, in a pub quiz sometime in 2053;

Quizmaster: 'Which team are the reigning PL champions?'
Me: breathes out a quiet Muttley laugh....
Badges badges, in my best Mutley voice, that’s all the dippers want, the thing is nobody cares anymore what happens.

Me too. Lots of fans were getting disillusioned with football before this. A long break and people may just lose the habit too.
Yes I cancelled SKY and BT today and, apart from saving me around £100 a month, it felt strangely satisfying. I am a City fanatic but have become very jaded by the corrupt organistions at the top of the game. I can't see any good reason why I should continue to support them financially. The sheer nastiness of the Villa fans at Wembley has also made me re-think how I spend my time. I will keep my season ticket but I am picking and choosing my away matches carefully from now on.
The football coverage on SKY and BT just annoys me and they way the broadcasters are still pushing the Liverpool narrative (ie just give them the title) was the final straw. One of the TV call centre workers said a lot of people cancelling had actually mentioned that Michael Owen had pushed them over the edge!

LiVARpool's dreams just gone up in smoke. No way will this season be finished . At best the new season MAY start in September . Dipper idiots just don't understand it yet because they are fucking thick. An absolute total Devon Loch moment and one for the record books.

The only other option is each team select a player to take on other teams at FIFA with it being televised live on sky with real time commentary. Manager still picks team & makes subs. :-)

For anybody who is interested https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6.

Getting worse all the time but those in charge of our game are more worried about money than anything else, which is what most of us have know for some considerable time.
Agreed. What concerns me more than the game or finishing / starting a new season and something which certainly those pontificating about how we need to finish to suit the Dipper aspirations is the fact that the UK death rate is 2% higher on average, vs those countries with a similar number of case .

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Some of the crowd are on the pitch....
..... April..... May..... June.....July ...
.....August...... September.... October.....
They think it's all over.....
... November...... December.....
Happy New Year!!!!!
..... January..... February.....March.....
It is now!??????

Ffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.