Anxiety and reassurance in ref to coronavirus

Rather irresponsible of you not to have already done so.

and as someone once said...

“You’re definitely winning biggest grump 2020 in the Bluemoon awards.”

The ol' mental state has been up and down today. As alluded to by another poster, being at home (alone) can bring back unwanted memories and thoughts. I've a tendency to be harsh on myself even at normal times, which is something i've had to keep in mind today.

I suppose if I had to try and take humour from the day so far; I wanted to do an online shop to send some additional stuff to my mum and dad back home. In the end I managed to get them an Asda home delivery in a couple of weeks time, but i'd been screaming my head off at the laptop and calling Tesco every cünt under the sun, forgetting i'd left my windows open. My neighbours are also working from home and now probably think i'm a total psychom

Called at an elderly customers house today. She informed me she is "at risk" so didn't want to come close etc.
She apologized for the lack of a cup of tea being on offer.
I informed her that this wasn't a problem as i had brought my own.

So she watch me work from the window, instead of outside having a chat etc.
I decided to phone her.
We carried on chatting just as normal. Obviously i had to hang up now and again when i needed both hands.
It was a good laugh. I could tell she was delighted i was making the effort.

When i had finished, she complimented my work, we exchanged goodbyes and off i went.
See the thing is, yes things are different at the moment. We just need to adapt, and get on with it!

Last edited:
For no apparent reason I got up this morning and just blubbered...wasn't even thinking of anything except putting the bloody kettle on...might be age or something, the something probably all this stuff lurking around in the background needing to feel free to come out, surprisingly was quite positive afterwards, back to my usual unusual self.
I did the same after i felt better,it is not weak to have a good blub,we don't have to be all british about this,if you are anxious then let it out

It’s really affected me first time ever.
Opened my eyes to the greed and selfishness in the world.

also I have a baby on the way in July and nervous about getting everything we need for him.
Stay safe mate, keep the missus indoors and away from people as well.

The fact that we can't really do anything outside of our houses and events being cancelled everywhere can really play on people's minds here, it really is a nasty situation we're all in. We all have to try and stay strong and smile wherever possible, no matter how hard it is.
If possible go for a walk and if you're lucky enough have a drive in to the Peak District, some fantastic walking around there, nobody can stop you doing that. Heads up guys it will go eventually.

The fact that we can't really do anything outside of our houses and events being cancelled everywhere can really play on people's minds here, it really is a nasty situation we're all in.
You can still enjoy the outdoors, there's plenty of countryside that isn't infected, just take sensible precautions if you are out.

Rather irresponsible of you not to have already done so.

and as someone once said...

“You’re definitely winning biggest grump 2020 in the Bluemoon awards.”

They have allowed if free of charge.

Everyone happy.

Mother in law has health issues and is staying in.

Good to hear.
My daughter went ballistic when I told her we weren’t letting her take us out for Mother’s Day lunch!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.