COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that as long as compliance is above a certain percentage then the policy substantially achieves objectives. And that the incremental benefits from increasing compliance to 100% doesn’t justify the resources involved. Doesn’t justify the risk of public disorder. They don’t want the police or the army out on the streets enforcing a ban. So they’re prepared to tolerate a degree of non compliance that comes from not issuing bans.

From the tone of Johnson’s comments in the last couple of days, my guess is that they’re happy with the level of of compliance outside of London. London is clearly a problem and I suspect that’s why rumours of a lockdown and travel ban came out in the last few days. Scare Londoners into greater compliance.

Facking cockney cants!

I got it on the wembley trip,i stayed over as well so could have got it at any time,i spent about 8hrs with worsley and we were linked arms for most of it and talked really close up at the game,he felt ill and they tested him because i had it but it came back negative

Thanks suppose it would be a bit difficult to trace the source if you picked it up at Wembley, thanks for your reply stay safe.

If you cough it’s a natural reaction to get a sore throat, I suffer badly with chest infections and the cough always leaves me with a sore throat which is nothing other than a side effect
I get that, but there is a difference between a sore throat caused by a cough and a sore throat caused by infection. Having a sore throat is not one of the primary symptoms of cv

It might have to come to martial law and the sooner the better in my opinion. But I disagree that everything is on the government. Is it the Spanish government’s fault that those dickheads were still out and about getting pissed up in Benidorm the other day? Is it fuck!
They were brits!
I think you’ll find Spaniards we’re doing what they we’re told.

I'm in Spain in total lockdown (5th day) only allowed to food shop, chemist or a quick walk around the block to take the dogs out. Can only go on your own, not allowed to chat to anyone and if you need to take your car, only you and no passengers unless you are a carer.
A group of friends were chatting in a supermarket the other day, police fined them 1500 euro.
Watching UK tv i just don't understand why the UK is dithering, close all public places. All i see is pubs & restaurants complaining they will lose business and wont be able to carry on...well welcome to the club.Better to be out of work than ill or worse. We are in the tourist industry and will have no visitors guesstamate for 18 - 24 months and can not claim unemployment so we have to suck it up. This is just the beginning of a long drawn out battle

973 people died from this today. How sad.

A worrying stat for me was that 38% of all Americans admitted to hospital were between the age of 20 and 54.

Are the Chinese numbers to be believed? I find it inconceivable that 80,000 people could have it and then a few weeks later it has virtually stopped. I get that they used draconian measures but won’t a lot of these people in Wuhan have travelled to Beijing before it really took off and caused it to spread like wildfire. It has caused more problems in Italy than China which I find really odd and makes me question these numbers.
I suspect that had a lot to do with the obesity problem in the US.

I'm in Spain in total lockdown (5th day) only allowed to food shop, chemist or a quick walk around the block to take the dogs out. Can only go on your own, not allowed to chat to anyone and if you need to take your car, only you and no passengers unless you are a carer.
A group of friends were chatting in a supermarket the other day, police fined them 1500 euro.
Watching UK tv i just don't understand why the UK is dithering, close all public places. All i see is pubs & restaurants complaining they will lose business and wont be able to carry on...well welcome to the club.Better to be out of work than ill or worse. We are in the tourist industry and will have no visitors guesstamate for 18 - 24 months and can not claim unemployment so we have to suck it up. This is just the beginning of a long drawn out battle

Why can't you claim unemployment?

At the risk of annoying people i will say again that we wasted our time advantage and going our own way with going for herd immunity has done us no favours at all,boris and the experts admit the virus is moving much quicker than they thought it would,we were shown the way to go but didn't follow it

your not annoying by reiterating what many others are thinking, however, the rebuttal will be that the PM is taking best advise from his CMA and this is hard to argue against, but many of us suspect that’s the wrong call; let’s just hope we are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.