City Videos (For Your Sanity)

What a game that was. Amazing atmosphere, sun shining, beer flowing, pitch invasion. We are Premier league say we are Premier league. Quality. 20 years ago. Gulp.
Unbelievable day that was. Place full of blues and Oxford road after the game having a few beers a guy waltzed in with his actual seat from the game under his coat.Another guy had a £50 note signed by Nick Leeson who he met at the game. And next day front page of the Daily Mirror picture of City fans and there I am in bottom right. 20 yrs ago where’s that gone

I’ve said this before on here, but the Blackburn game always reminds me of their groundsman.

For those of us that were lucky enough to be there that day, the groundsman got the award for the Pitch of the Season. After us Blues vacated the pitch that day half the pitch had been ripped up and in its way back to Manchester!

It’s odd what stays in one’s memory. Whilst watching the Liverpool game the only thing I could remember from it was the Mike Doyle chance at the end, not the goals we actually scored!
That Mike Doyle chance at the end..what a fullblooded tackle that was..Ray Clemence and Doyle clatter into each other.ive watched it back a few times and cant work out if the anguished look on Doyles face is because he missed the goal,or the pain from the challenge...imagine that scenario in todays game...they d be diving,red cards,ambulances, the whole fucking lot.
Where has our game gone?.

That Mike Doyle chance at the end..what a fullblooded tackle that was..Ray Clemence and Doyle clatter into each other.ive watched it back a few times and cant work out if the anguished look on Doyles face is because he missed the goal,or the pain from the challenge...imagine that scenario in todays game...they d be diving,red cards,ambulances, the whole fucking lot.
Where has our game gone?.

Mike Doyle and Dave Watson, by the way. Hard but excellent footballers. I’m so glad I got to see these two legends playing in a blue shirt!

Mike Doyle and Dave Watson, by the way. Hard but excellent footballers. I’m so glad I got to see these two legends playing in a blue shirt!

Well said. They were terrific players, hard as nails, never shirked. We could do with some of their spirit now (or when/if we get back to normal)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.