Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5; coming late 2020

I’m looking into getting a new pc as mine seems to be slowly dying, hopefully future proof for Diablo 4 and also warcraft, my reactions for FPS are crap now and I get bored of single player games, I binned the new Star Wars game after a few hours, it was just a tomb raider spin off. Unless something seriously jumps out at me I don’t think I’ll be getting next gen.

PC's are very good at the minute and in particular HTPC's (Home Theatre PC's) are so cheap to knock up, I can put one together for £70 with a brand new ITX case that'll display in 4K. Same for PC's for any other function including gaming, if you don't chase a rainbow you can have a SFF i7 with a low profile discrete graphics card for under a ton, for us FOC's emulations and older games will fly on them.

Sorry to go off topic slightly but it is somewhat related.

The PS4 has come back to life this week given the current situation. I bought PES20 off the store thing but it’s the only game I’ve got (it’s very good btw)

Anyone recommend some decent games?

Also the next gen looks fuckin awesome.

The PS4 has come back to life this week given the current situation. I bought PES20 off the store thing but it’s the only game I’ve got (it’s very good btw)

Doom Eternal is out tomorrow.

I'm curious as to what the price will be on the Xbox Series X. Digital Foundry stated that the GPU was equivalent to that of an RTX 2080. If so, that would be more powerful than my PC (RTX 2070 Super) which cost around £1700 at the time.

With the apocalypse on the horizon i've been eyeing up football manager, would be nice if Steam dropped the price though (they've got a sale on Ubisoft titles at min).

Xbox Series X is clearly edging the PS5 in terms of specs, but having better specs means nothing if there aren't the games for it. I have both PS4 and Xbox One and the absence of exclusive titles for the XBO has made it a glorified Netflix box; same could well happen for the Series X.

Backward compatibility, however, can add a lot of value to either console, and from what I've read it seems Sony is going back on it's initial promises on that.

I never really got into computer/console games but many years ago I really loved a series of games called Age of Empires (I think). Is there anything similar (or even the original) available on consoles (or for Mac)? I'd love to try it again. I did try and download a version ages ago onto my Mac but it never really worked.

Haha, I did exactly the same thing. PES20. Did you modify it with the official kits?

I've only had it for about a week, but as far as I can tell, it's a good idea to just wait for things to go on sale in the online store. This week God of War and Doom (presumably because the new one's coming out) were available for really cheap here in Malaysia. I bought Fallout 4 and The Last of Us, because I know both are classics, but I haven't played either yet. Some people online recommended Persona 5. The other ones I had on my list were Red Dead Redemption 2, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Witcher 3 and Battlefield 1. I've played GTA V and Life Is Strange on the PC and both were good (GTA V while it still worked before I got screwed over by Steam).

If you haven't played either, God of War and Red Dead Redemption 2 are my two favorite games to come out for PS4. Both amazing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.