Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

By June they will just give it to liverpool

If that happens than that might be me finished with football, I havent missed it as much as I thought I would in fact I am enjoying the break. My life isnt spent worrying about how VAR fuck us over in the last game or how VAR help the dippers yet again. My bank balance is looking more healthy even more so when I get round to getting my tickets refunded. I dont miss my 600 mile round trip which at my age was beginning to knacker me out.
I use to look forward to every game , but not this season it was becoming more like a job to attend. Knowing when driving up most of the chat was a out VAR, even at Wembley we cheered when Everton score against the rags only for VAR to rule it out.
Football isnt the game I knew or grew up with, the longer the break the less likely i will come back.
Football news seems to me to be more bent than ever i am sick to death of the hatred from the press/media, Sky, BT etc it was beginning to depress me and bring me down. The only thing that lifed my spirits was talk of our fight against FFP and our demonstration planned against RM.
You cant just give a club the title, titles have to be won, you cant force players to play though this virus. It's more important that people ALL people are safe and well and that we look after each over. If football thinks it's right to just give the title to liverpool without them winning it or making teams play behind closed doors than football can do one . Make it null n void and hopefully change things for the better and I will stay a football fan. I will always be a City fan but match going I might not be, perhaps it's time to spend more time with my missus !

Edit I have been doing my 600 mile round trip for 40 yrs now and its getting to the stage were it's getting to expansive plus me getting old and knackered !!

CTID

Edit 2 ! I am missing the spring classics on cycling more !

Last edited:
If that happens than that might be me finished with football, I havent missed it as much as I thought I would in fact I am enjoying the break. My life isnt spent worrying about how VAR fuck us over in the last game or how VAR help the dippers yet again. My bank balance is looking more healthy even more so when I get round to getting my tickets refunded. I dont miss my 600 mile round trip which at my age was beginning to knacker me out.
I use to look forward to every game , but not this season it was becoming more like a job to attend. Knowing when driving up most of the chat was a out VAR, even at Wembley we cheered when Everton score against the rags only for VAR to rule it out.
Football isnt the game I knew or grew up with, the longer the break the less likely i will come back.
Football news seems to me to be more bent than ever i am sick to death of the hatred from the press/media, Sky, BT etc it was beginning to depress me and bring me down. The only thing that lifed my spirits was talk of our fight against FFP and our demonstration planned against RM.
You cant just give a club the title, titles have to be won, you cant force players to play though this virus. It's more important that people ALL people are safe and well and that we look after each over. If football thinks it's right to just give the title to liverpool without them winning it or making teams play behind closed doors than football can do one . Make it null n void and hopefully change things for the better and I will stay a football fan. I will always be a City fan but match going I might not be, perhaps it's time to spend more time with my missus !

im not missing it either.

Great ain’t it

I agree with above. I’d be amazed if there’s even one person missing football. It’s shite in its current guise. I think we’ll all realise we can live without it. And certainly without PAYING to be a part of it. The notion of paying into this bent sport is baffling. We’ll all realise that.

Surely City as a club with all their personnel from the tea lady right up to Khaldoon, we have the rights too refuse to play on the grounds of health and safety considering covid-19 outbreak.
I can't see how the FA can go against request
Won't the club's long established duty of care to employees also come in to play? I am not sure but l think players are all isolated at home. They can't seriously be expected to get together at pretty short notice for the benefit of a single club?

Not just transfers either, normally the qualifiers for the two European competitions are played in July, so if they have to be played later than that when does the new league season start? Everything is going to have a knock on effect however they try and accommodate the dippers lifting the trophy.
Do they scrap the new winter break to try finish the domestic league and cups before the euros start in June? It’s hard to see anything really working other than voiding the season.

Totally agree and good point about the Eurorpa and champs league qualifiers. Given that they’ll be desperate for the Euros to go ahead next June it’s almost impossible to see how they play the remaining games. That’s obviously once the idiots realise there is absolutely no chance of any football being played in May and June.

So if they are determined to finish the league irrespective of how long that takes then I would be interested to know how clubs are going to pitch ST sales for next season if fans know that it will be a short/disruptive season...

The FA Cup still up for grabs then in theory. We were odds on to win it, but "city fans" only concerned about Liverpool.

What is it you are trying to say?

I've pointed out we pretty much are as many wins away from winning the cup, as they are the league. But along with a real shot at the CL too, i'm happy to see the whole lot canned, with us missing out on sporting achievements.

Because, there is a worldwide pandemic affecting global health wellbeing and financial stability of everyone. What is wrong with that?

And if i then react to liverpool supporting pundits, media or fans wanting to put their PL trophy first, and expect a resumption of the league when everything else is getting worse and worse, and further into isolation and towards total lockdown, what then is wrong with that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.