COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky News

‘Underlining confusion around government advice, Downing Street spokesman is refusing to criticise Tim Martin of Weatherspoon comments on keeping his pubs open or that there has been”hardly any” transmission in pubs. They said medical and scientific advisors have issued guidance’

Unlike you, I’m hiding nothing.
Just because you don’t get a personal handwritten explanation you think things are not happening?
The poster said wanted more clarification and he got it. Schools have been preparing for this for nearly two weeks and the Education minister met with over a thousand school leaders two weeks ago today.
Is it your limited capacity for understanding the reason for personal abuse following a rational explanation.
Perhaps you should look in the mirror more.

There will be so much happening behind the scenes - whether it be decisions on:
  • categorisation of key workers
  • identification of which ex-Health Sector employees to request support from
  • processes of bulk procurements
  • Managing any lockdown implications and therefore when to order it
  • and a host of others
These things take time and require due process

Some seem to think that they have a personal right to have a running commentary tailored personally for them - we have seen it on other threads - the same people would slag of the government/ Johnson for 'shooting from the hip' and 'making policy on the hoof' - if answers / policy were given in an inappropriate manner/timing.

Also - there are some who - no matter how often requested - simple cannot stop their inherent need to slag of the Tories / Boris simply because they are the Tories / Boris

There has been an attempt to keep simple political bias out of this thread - some cannot stop themselves - thankfully the evidence of this thread is that they stand out as a clear minority

Agreed
The appalling lack of empathy and the fucking sheer greed of the footballing authorities/media lickspittles should not be forgotten.

Don't underestimate the power of hope.

While they're talking about playing in June/July a lot of people will have something to hope for while they're trapped inside their house for the 20th day running.

They seem to have decided that they'll finish 19/20 before starting 20/21 no matter when that happens, because there's just too many people vying for too much money, so there's not going to be any cancelling of the season. It will end when it ends.

My kids are on full meltdown mode now, this is day 8. Just gotta keep plugging away!

Are you not even allowed to go outside if you keep seperated, single or as a household?
Fresh air, some movement and psychologically important, no?

Bavaria now is the 1st German region to go on lockdown from 24:00.
As a border region they follow Austrian measures exactly and not the German gov.
But they are allowed to go out if strictly following social distancing
and in Bavaria you can bet the rest of your savings that police will "help" the unwilling.

I'm in that position where I should stay away from negative news but also wanting to know so much about it (new healing meds and vaccine updates).
Really hit me mentally but I think it's pretty much the same for most. We've not been geared for this at all, especially in the UK. Different from major terrorist attacks which tend to reset peoples mindsets within a week or so. This feels more like an unknown and there's no real voice of reassurance, at least from authority. Unchartered waters.

Also with mild asthma I'm not quite sure where I fit in with all this. I basically cough a bit during running and when around animals. I've had a stomach bug for 5 days but that's on the wane now but I've a feeling lack of sleep and psychosomatic influences haven't helped.
I took the dog for a walk last night in the dusk...felt utterly glorious and savoured every single second of it (despite walking through a pitch black wood...but even that felt comforting).

In saying that, the bats which I used to find a novelty...well, understandably I wanted to twat them to of existence.

Sky News

‘Underlining confusion around government advice, Downing Street spokesman is refusing to criticise Tim Martin of Weatherspoon comments on keeping his pubs open or that there has been”hardly any” transmission in pubs. They said medical and scientific advisors have issued guidance’

They won't, because he Martin is a huge donator to the tory party.

My response was about education, you are trying to conflate the discussion into other areas because you were wrong, and you were abusive.

I’m involved in eduction. Principally my involvement has been with the DfE and school leaders. I was at a meeting over two weeks ago with heads and the LEA discussing their local action. My son-in-law works at a local uni and he has spent the last month developing and organising on-line resources for students in his Department and commenced student exams via Skype.

Heads know who the vulnerable children are. Heads know who the free school meal children are. Heads know who the key workers’ children are.
Around the country yesterday school leaders were re-organising their schools to deal with the closure/partial opening. Today they will be putting their plans in action.
If i still worked in a school i would be co-ordinating which schools should open with my fellow colleagues as we don’t need all schools are open.
The Government, rightly, want their schools to remain open for the children of the valiant people who are in the frontline of this war. You may even see local schools open over the weekends and holidays to help the emergency services.

My trust in what’s going on behind the scenes is far greater than a few people sat behind a computer slagging off the government for their own ideology and complaining nothing’s being done. The same people who are for the rights of us all, yet very quick to abuse and attempt to bully those who disagree with them. Some of you need to develop some empathy, resilience and fucking balls, because everyone needs to sort this out, and a lot currently are working their bollocks off doing just that.
Great post - but 'a word to the wise' - Be careful letting on that you have some direct and relevant experience / knowledge / understanding of these things;-)

Anyway - enough of that - hopefully they will take their comments to the 'other thread'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.