The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

Popped to the local supermarket today. 0805, it had been open for 5 mins yet rammed. Why so early? I wanted to get it out of the way then do some work. Did a shop yesterday for my mum, couldn't do ours as well as rumor has it men cant multi task. Fresh veg and fruit shop all done with no hassle. Pre made freezer food ransacked. Bless me father i have sinned i bought some toilet roll also

If you’re reading this and you’ve got a freezer full of food, just in case, then I’d like to let you know that you are a first class selfish twat. I’d hoped that this would bring people together, I still have hope reading some messages in here though.
I have four freezers and they're all full, they were full before this BS started as it's always wise to be prepared.

Sounds good.
Went to our butcher on Tuesday morning and said he’d been cleared out the day before.
He made us two fresh beef burgers there and then. Mind you they had a Cumberland ring as big as a football.
Good point actually, i was going to go straight to the coop but i'll see if Paul the butcher is open as usual. I know he is doing drive way deliveries and allowing a load who are struggling to have stuff on credit. Top fella so i'll defo nip in if he has owt left.

It is vexing being sensible as the whording panic buying sheep have a load of food and we are left with sod all. I only ever buy a baskets worth and would rather succumb to hunger than join the flock of stupidity. I bet half of it ends up wasted anyway. I echo the sentiments of many on here who find this behavious depressing/frustrating, surely we are smarter than this.

I don't know who said it but it stands out now more than ever...

" A person is smart, people are stupid"

The individual is smart but as soon as that gang/group mentality takes hold considered reason goes out the window for many.

Just seen a critical care nurse crying on the news as she has done a 48hr shift only to not be able to get food. What a disgrace a big percentage of the population is.

Normally I would wish harm on nobody but for these greedy cunts I make an exception. I would willingly machine gun the fuckers.

Panic buyers are now taking to Facebook to alert the other panic buyers where they can go to panic buy!! Honestly it's beyond mad, has any retailer or government come out and say there will be shortages? I'm sure even with a lockdown some industries have to stay open, and this is one of them. I can honestly say I haven't deviated from my usual shopping habits, well actually that's a bit of a lie because I'm not planning to and haven't been training for a while so I've massively reduced my intake of food. It's also better to prepare this way imo anyway. We're really seeing the selfish disrespectful side of a certain % of our population when we should be sticking together!

Just went to our local Aldi for my elderly next door neighbours.
Fucking unbelievable!
No meat, no tinned food, no eggs, no pasta, no bog rolls, no kitchen towels, only flagons of milk left, booze shelves very depleted.

oh and Wetherspoons round the corner is rammed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.