COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some highlights from the latest SAGE report from The Times

Risk of public disorder. "agreed that large scale rioting is unlikely. It is rarely seen in these circumstances. Acts of altruism will predominate, and HMG could readily promote and guide these."

A modern keep calm message and carry on:
"Promote a sense of collectivism: All messaging should reinforce a sense of community, that
“we are all in this together.” This will avoid increasing tensions between different groups "
The problem of going our own way

“Expectations of how the Government will react will be set by media reports of public health strategies in other countries. This increases the risk of public concern ifinterventions that are perceived to be effective are not applied."

How long will be in isolation?
"A policy of alternating between periods of more and less strict social distancing measures could plausibly be effective at keeping the number of critical care cases within capacity. These would need to be in place for at least most of a year. "

Regarding a vaccine I doubt if ever before so many experts in any field have worked together across the world and with the urgency (and funding) that they are at this very moment.

I have no doubt at all they will come up with a solution and probably quicker than predicted. After all the rules changed when this started to spread.

It will be beaten, when and at what cost we wont know for a while.

Some good news. It looks like a vaccine COULD be in limited operation in weeks!!!!

There are no buts that I can see. It does seem a legit story.

"If this looks good at protecting and we see no safety issues at all then, theoretically, after April, going into May or June, they could expand the number of people they are vaccinating and that could be into the thousands."

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/mar/19/uk-drive-develop-coronavirus-vaccine-science
It still has to have widespread safety trials on 1,000's of patients,the first person has had a dose that is all

Not disagreeing mate but it’s not just young people as Johnson and his merry men were making out yesterday. You’ve got blokes in their 50/60’s who’ve been going on the piss for years every night straight from work. They’re not stopping now and won’t until they shut the bloody pubs. It’s mind bending how they’re still allowing this to drag on.

It really is beyond a fucking joke now, I don't understand what the end goal here is....

This is going to drag fucking on & on, because of fucking no action being taken.

Should've told her that 60% of the UK population may get it (which is the rough figure being mooted) and asked her to tell you what 5% of 40 million is....

I told her similar the other week.

She’s very excited that Jet2 are taking money for flights in May. She’s confident that they will fly, she didn’t take kindly to me suggesting it’s merely a cash-collection exercise.

Real head in the sand stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.