The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

Panic buyers are now taking to Facebook to alert the other panic buyers where they can go to panic buy!! Honestly it's beyond mad, has any retailer or government come out and say there will be shortages? I'm sure even with a lockdown some industries have to stay open, and this is one of them. I can honestly say I haven't deviated from my usual shopping habits, well actually that's a bit of a lie because I'm not planning to and haven't been training for a while so I've massively reduced my intake of food. It's also better to prepare this way imo anyway. We're really seeing the selfish disrespectful side of a certain % of our population when we should be sticking together!

They are Facebook users. You only had to stop there.

What is driving this is fear and lack of leadership, the fear element is everyone knows we are going to go into full lock down, and people are frightened to be left out, it's been generated by years of Tory rule and the beggar thy neighbour approach that this has caused this crisis may have a positive upside to it, people can now see that worker exploitation (Zero hours contracts) our reliance of supermarkets and their just in time ordering, our reliance of imported food stuff (we could and should be producing much more of our own food) are not good ideas nor is the pursuit of huge shareholder profits, perhaps when we come out of the other side we will be a much kinder nation?

Good point actually, i was going to go straight to the coop but i'll see if Paul the butcher is open as usual. I know he is doing drive way deliveries and allowing a load who are struggling to have stuff on credit. Top fella so i'll defo nip in if he has owt left.

It is vexing being sensible as the whording panic buying sheep have a load of food and we are left with sod all. I only ever buy a baskets worth and would rather succumb to hunger than join the flock of stupidity. I bet half of it ends up wasted anyway. I echo the sentiments of many on here who find this behavious depressing/frustrating, surely we are smarter than this.

I don't know who said it but it stands out now more than ever...

" A person is smart, people are stupid"

The individual is smart but as soon as that gang/group mentality takes hold considered reason goes out the window for many.
We’ve known our butcher since he was a lad. His dad owned the farm opposite from us.
He’s offered to deliver our meat on a Friday loads of times, well before they brought in an organised delivery.
Can’t beat local shops run by honest hard working folk.

We’ve known our butcher since he was a lad. His dad owned the farm opposite from us.
He’s offered to deliver our meat on a Friday loads of times, well before they brought in an organised delivery.
Can’t beat local shops run by honest hard working folk.
Just got back now, they were restocking the fresh meat fridges when i walked in and there was a bit of a crowd taking it off the trolley things. So i thought "i'll be fine, i'll grab some other bits whilst this throng of people dies down". Silly me...

The only stuff left was damaged (hole in packaging) and a few other bits like yorkshire puds, that entire fridge will be empty now as there were a few coming up the isle with a panicked look on their face. The 3 trolleys of meat was gone before i even had a chance to look whats there.

Fortunately your reminding me of butchers came through, grabbed what i needed from him. He also had 3 staff in, never seen more than just him before now, they all looked super stressed to so i handed over a bottle of red as a thanks to his missus who was on the till. He explained he had been up since 2am driving to his farms to get the meat as people were going direct to them and paying over the odds cash in hand to the farms + the drivers were maxed out and could not guarantee delivery of some products today. He looked proper shattered and a que was quickly forming again so the usual chatter was knocked on the head then. I did catch him saying to his missus "where are the whole chickens that just came in" "sold" was the reply from his missus... "the ones that came 30mins ago, all of them?" "All gone".

Just got back now, they were restocking the fresh meat fridges when i walked in and there was a bit of a crowd taking it off the trolley things. So i thought "i'll be fine, i'll grab some other bits whilst this throng of people dies down". Silly me...

The only stuff left was damaged (hole in packaging) and a few other bits like yorkshire puds, that entire fridge will be empty now as there were a few coming up the isle with a panicked look on their face. The 3 trolleys of meat was gone before i even had a chance to look whats there.

Fortunately your reminding me of butchers came through, grabbed what i needed from him. He also had 3 staff in, never seen more than just him before now, they all looked super stressed to so i handed over a bottle of red as a thanks to his missus who was on the till. He explained he had been up since 2am driving to his farms to get the meat as people were going direct to them and paying over the odds cash in hand to the farms + the drivers were maxed out and could not guarantee delivery of some products today. He looked proper shattered and a que was quickly forming again so the usual chatter was knocked on the head then. I did catch him saying to his missus "where are the whole chickens that just came in" "sold" was the reply from his missus... "the ones that came 30mins ago, all of them?" "All gone".
Glad you got sorted mate.
It’s mental out there.
My daughter has had five very long days this week preparing for sending the kids home.
She gets back about 7 and then goes for her shopping, and there’s fuck all there apart from shit others don’t want.
Yet some who have been ‘self isolating’ for a couple of weeks will be stocked to the gills.

Glad you got sorted mate.
It’s mental out there.
My daughter has had five very long days this week preparing for sending the kids home.
She gets back about 7 and then goes for her shopping, and there’s fuck all there apart from shit others don’t want.
Yet some who have been ‘self isolating’ for a couple of weeks will be stocked to the gills.
Poor lass, i bet that is very deflating after a long day. Some tossers somewhere will be marde arsing it because they can't get hold of any avocados for their toast and then you have your daughter and others who just want the bloody basics and can't get that. Lack of consideration for others, boils my piss.

I just want to know where all these c*nt's are with industrial fridges is their kitchen's. I was in Tesco this morning on my way home from work, and there were people buying 30 pints of milk. I saw at least 3 trolley's piled up with milk. One had 5x 6 pints of semi-skimmed.

Why the f*ck are people stocking up with perishables that they'll probably end up tipping down the sink?

Felt angry, upset, and every other emotion when I heard someone on eBay had stocked up with baby formula and was asking £153 for a tin BASTARD

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.