Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I don’t think playing behind closed doors would work either, the PSG game showed fans will still turn up outside the stadium anyway which will require some kind of emergency services covering it.
Someone turned up behind a fence at the away game that Melbourne City played this morning, draped scarf over the fence etc...unless they go free to air, close the pubs & use the police who could be better employed elsewhere imposing an exclusion zone it'd be a disaster.

I know we all say CTID but we don't actually intend making it happen through stupidity.

i dont think we'll see an football till summer 2021. What happens to clubs in that time? They still have to pay the players. Will they still get tv money even though theres no football. Sponsors will pull out. No CL money. I can see a lot of clubs folding in the lower leagues.

How can you play football if they implement social distancing for possibly 12 months. There would be no tight marking, no tackling, no celebrating ( hugging, high fiving, ) no crowding around the ref. no treatment when a player gets injured.
The season has to be terminated now.

Makes hard for Salah and mane to dive !!

I also missed the Anfield match for the first time in decades. The atmosphere is so vile at Liverpool that I just don't want any experience of being there. It brings out feelings in me that I don't want to feel. I believe the media (social and mainstream) has poisoned the debate around football completely and sucked a lot of enjoyment out of our sport. Most of the coverage is dominated by negativity, confrontation, and sneering from people who don't even attend matches. It has become like our politics..totally toxic. There is very little positive coverage and celebration of the sheer joy of football. Us fans deserve better.

Spot on. I actually wondered if I would go to a Champions League final if it was against them. The thought of sharing a historic city setting and a showpiece game with their support repels me. Fortunately they got knocked out so fuck them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.