COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in the same boat. Working all over the country in a hotel it’s a lonely existence at the best of times. Even more so now. I’ve just moved hotels from Colchester to Aylesbury and both are empty. With the new rules enforced we can only have room service and can’t use gym. Stuck looking at 4 walls all day but at least I’m getting paid.
Feel for you blue but at least we are still working and paying tax etc which will help the cause. . I will continue to do this until I'm told I can't. Or I get the symptoms then of course I will lock down. I have parents in there 80's who are frightened. I should be running errands for them instead. I came home today and mowed my next door neighbours grass. He's 95, I'll be back in the hotel on Monday if it's open lol. Take care mate

I doubt they'd prioritise patients with the virus over those without, it'll be about if there are enough beds solely.

In Italy they have rapidly come to a cut off point......severe underlying health problems....no point in treating them.................underlying health problems and over 60.....no point in treating them.....over 70....no point in treating them. And they have more ICU beds than us. If we are going to get as bad or worse than the Italians in infection rates with lower ICU places expect the same here - too few resources ( the reasons for which are well known ) mean doctors have to make decisions like this to ration the efforts to get the best outcome.

That is not true,another dr has been talking to sky,he says that patients with other illnesses will not be able to be saved that would have been before because of equipement and staff shortages,the rest of the patients haven't gone away because of the corona ones and something has to give

This isnt a debate. We have currently got enough ventilators for everyone in hospital with coronavirus tonight.

Therefore having more ventilators is not a point of difference between the UK and germany.

Bentley have shut down for 4 weeks. Not sure if widely known. 3000 workers . Just normal people with kids and mortgages rent etc.
3000 workers who are building cars for millionaires who can cancel orders and take the hit.
3000 workers could build a UK car we could all afford to buy.
We have to seriously adjust our priorities.

Just seen the patriotic souls having one last hurrah at the pubs across the land. Not sure they get the point of it or at least they are to daft to act in a considered manor like staying home. I know it sucks ass especially when you know the staff and owners but the priority should be social distancing with your relatives who are old or medically vulnerable as your first priority.

its going to go off over there when it gets bad, looting civil disorder etc,its a recipe for disaster with all the guns about, i think trump will end up chucking his toys from the pram and end up launching one on the chinese

Been my concern for a while, I reckon he will say it's to hard and either chuck the towel in and let pence take over, or literally send one at the Chinese.

Just seen the patriotic souls having one last hurrah at the pubs across the land. Not sure they get the point of it or at least they are to daft to act in a considered manor like staying home. I know it sucks ass especially when you know the staff and owners but the priority should be social distancing with your relatives who are old or medically vulnerable as your first priority.

I despair really at the stupidity on show here. They still don't realise that somewhere along the line, other people will die because of their decision.

When you see people saying stuff like "if I stay home the virus wins" it makes you realise how important the language we use to talk about this is. When politicians respond to this situation using the same language they use to talk about terrorism e.g. "declaring war" and the need to "defeat it", the public seem to respond in the way they would to terrorism e.g "we must go about daily life or the terrorists wins". What we need people to do is stay home and do the exact opposite.

Seen so many flag shaggers out about on TV this week invoking the blitz spirit and yet they're struggling with the simple instruction to stay home and sit on their arse in order to protect they fellow citizens.

Now we are all locked down the spirit of the blitz myth peddlers will be all out, telling us how we never folded and went crazy/soft/panicky during the war even though none of them actually lived through it.

People suffered a lot of psychological trauma, were trampled over by each other get into shelters, had their houses robbed during raids, social and ethnic division crept in when it came to shelters and who was let in, and most just hid at home and the myth of everyone pulling together to keep calm and carry on was over egged.
Even the king was booed when visiting bomb sights regulary.
While many of those kids sent to countryside were sent back within six months to bombed out cities as they were deemed by the locals to be diluting these little villages with their common city ways.

Gimps ignoring the advice and using the spirit of the blitz and other bollocks as a reason to do exactly the wrong thing need to be told to get a grip and do whats right.

Last edited:
I doubt they'd prioritise patients with the virus over those without, it'll be about if there are enough beds solely.

Well if you have someone on a respirator/ventilator who has been diagnosed as brain dead but kept alive, do you keep them on it or sacrifice them for a person with the virus?
If you have covid 19 patients whose recovery and survival is very unlikely, do you take them off a ventalator to use on someone who has a better chance?
Do you not even bother to offer one to someone of acertain age or health condition as it may be a waste of time?

These are all things that have been reportedly agonised over in Italian hospitals as the start running short of ventilators, choosing who get's priority

Transplant patients operations in america are being cancelled partly because of a ventilator shortage and partly because to test tge donors for possible infection wull use up valuable testing stocks.
These patients on the transplant list are now in danger of death.

It is already affecting who recieves care

Last edited:
Now we are all locked down the spirit of the blitz myth peddlers will be all out, telling us how we never folded and went crazy/soft/panicky during the war even though none of them actually lived through it.

People suffered a lot of psychological trauma, were trampled over by each other get into shelters, had their houses robbed during raids, social and ethnic division crept in when it came to shelters and who was let in, and most just hid at home and the myth of everyone pulling together to keep calm and carry on was over egged.
Even the king was booed when visiting bomb sights regulary.
While many of those kids sent to countryside were sent back within six months to bombed out cities as they were deemed by the locals to be diluting these little villages with their common city ways.

Gimps ignoring the advice and using the spirit of the blitz and other bollocks as a reason to do texactly the wrong thingneed to be told to get a grip and do whats right.
Add to that the evidence of my old mum who did live through it, she used to tell me that black marketeering and corruption was rife when it came to rationed goods in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.