King of the Kippax | Last ever edition (p 20)

Well done, Ged, yer a trouper!
I always hear your voice reading the articles, in my head as it were. So, sort of world-weary, despondent, borderline depressed...
(note: coz when I last spoke to you back in the day we were shite!)
We had plenty to be despondent and depressed about in those days. I lost count of the number of times I thought it couldn't possibly get any worse with Ball, Clarke and Royle in charge. - Though Royle did redeem himself.

Frank Fowles produced this one.
Cheers for that. I do know Frank....Frankie Baby! Top Drinker!! I,m embarrassed that i forgot that he produced that.had some barnstorming footy debates with Frank down the years.gud lad.Top Blue.

I first bought KOTK at Fratton Park in 88-89 and bought all the City zines for a while.
The following season we tonked the rags 5-1 and a few weeks later Private Eye mentioned us drubbing them in an article about the farcical attempted takeover of the rags by Michael Knighton. I sent the article to all the fanzines and I think they all printed it. Dave Wallace was the first editor I met and I kept sending him odd comments which eventually grew in the Ged Sounds Off page. I also helped Dave and Sue sell the fanzine for about 20 years, and still do occasionally when others sellers aren't available.
Ged Sounds off was legendary..back in the day.KotK was a bloody good read,got loads of copies over the years ,stored away now.i and the regular drinking crew ended up on the cover for one deluxe edition...which was printed just after one of the Norwich away carry ons.Dave and Sue were in our hotel..think it was one of Big Bernard Buckleys Chaddy branch away tours.......they were special,and a lorra laughs....i,d got a bit messy the night before and made it down for brekkie a little too late......can remember Dave and Sue watching as i made my way to the kitchens..with a suitably sad face.....to plead for a late breakfast.....result! I,m still not sure how we were so happy watching City when we were rubbish...but they were top top days...anyone with the post Norwich away edition of KoTK will vouch for that.
CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.