COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough.
One of the things Sir Patrick Valance said they needed to do was find out what the effect of measures were before ratcheting them up. So they could know the effect of taking them away.
Stopping a second spike is key at a later point in time.
That's a good point. Ideally early development of a vaccine combined with vigilant, efficient testing and tracing, combined with an antibody test (which puts the immune in high risk jobs, and if at all possible takes out exposed people from high risk jobs) will mitigate against a 2nd spike. The experts are talking about alternating social distance pressure in the future. It may not be necessary. A lot of very elderly people will get seriously depressed if this continues long term. We need an antibody test just so that some carers can go and break their isolation.

No. I want to slag off the government because their lax attitude to self isolation and mixed messages will cause deaths. Last nights ‘you’ve won the lottery’ now go enjoy your last night of freedom debacle will cost lives.

The cases and deaths now are irrelevant. Let’s see 3/4 weeks from now.

And the country still isn’t in lockdown. Just closing things isn’t nearly enough.

Just to say, there are some things that I am unhappy about.
1. Leaving doctors surgeries open as long as they did. They should have shut them down after the weekend of the Wembley final and moved to remote consultation earlier. I probably caught it as a result of this.mistake.
2. The air travel disaster. As soon as a country or region has 20 cases of a new virus, you shut regular air travel down. More importantly everyone who travels from that country needs to go into monitored self isolation for the virus incubation period (mobile phone monitoring should be sufficient). As should people who have travelled from that country/region for the previous week. Tawain has implemented this rule and is doing pretty well as a result - especially considering the air travel connections it had to China.

1. Leaving doctors surgeries open as long as they did. They should have done so on the last week in February. They should have moved to remote consultation earlier. I probably caught it as a result of this.mistake.
2. The air travel disaster. As soon as a country or region has 20 cases of a new virus, you shut regular air travel down. More importantly everyone who travels from that country needs to go into monitored self isolation for the virus incubation period (mobile phone monitoring should be sufficient). As should people who have travelled from that country/region for the previous week. Tawain has implemented this rule and is doing pretty well as a result - especially considering the air travel connections it had to China.
Without wishing to downplay this virus in the slightest, lets at least hope lessons like the ones you've mentioned and many more are being learnt from this. So that when a stronger more serious virus outbreak occurs, and one day it will, we (the whole world) are much better prepared.

I’m pleased for them but Christ now it’s China to the worlds rescue! the origins of this story are carefully beginning to be rewritten by them - I wish there government would focus more on eradicating the causes of these outbreaks than looking for a cheap photo opportunity for president Xi -no disrespect to the Chinese health workers intended and most welcome, assuming they are coming here of their own free will.

I don’t see why Wuhan is constantly brought up with its zero cases by people and the WHO - we can’t weld people into apartments in Europe and N.America and conveniently dispose of bodies off the grid just to get a headline, god knows how many indirect deaths have occurred there because of this . Italy has just reinforced their lockdown with additional restrictions yesterday which tells you that there are still significant cases at the stage they are at ( which the UK and other countries are not at).

Zero infections is not a plausible target for phase 2 for most of the rest of the world.
So they celebrate whilst the rest of the world is in turmoil.should ban there practises for good after this!

1. Leaving doctors surgeries open as long as they did. They should have shut them down after the weekend of the Wembley final and moved to remote consultation earlier. I probably caught it as a result of this.mistake.

I didn’t realize you had caught it. -do you mind me asking if you have tested positive and subsequently negative? Understand if you don’t wish to disclose any info.

If not tested negative what advice are you being given in terms of socializing , dry interested in this immunity issue as it seems very key to a lot of the strategies moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.