The idiocy (and selfishness) of panic buying

I just popped in for a few bits last night and got 3 dog treats for my 3 dogs, got told I could only have 2

as someone who has watched theses pricks with trolleys full of nappies and toilet rolls for 2 weeks but hasn’t himself bought anything extra except a bottle a gin and 8 beers, I was extremely pissed off and I can tell you I left with all 3 treats

As an ex Tesco manager i absolutely agree and spoke to a still Tesco manager this morning about it.

Take off all multi buy offers and introduce strict buying rules on certain items. Lady with 10 packs of toilet roll gets told at the till to put 9 of them back and so on and so on........

It really is that simple and for supermarket boards to be on the news pleading for panic buying to stop annoys me as its them that are allowing it in the first place.
Getting rid of the trollies would help unless its for an OAP etc

The policy of single shoppers only and letting people in on a one in one out basis seems to work a treat here in Spain. Might take 20 mins to get in but once in aisles are clear and shelves fully stocked.
If it can work ok here I don’t see why it couldn’t in U.K.
cos its full of feral twats?

It's a laugh mate, they are advertising it so more people do it. It gets the expensive loo-rolls and cleaning products out of the door at the same rate as the low margin stuff. The only thing left yesterday round my Morrisons was some wierd and expensive looking kitchen roll - no price on the shelf, people buying it anyway..... They were emptying a pallet onto the shelves - six pack of handy tissues, £3.50. Five varieties of smallish boxes of tissues at £2 each. Profiteering. Loo roll is large by volume and low in price, so it's the last thing they want to fill up their lorries with. And the quicker they sell out, the more people panic and hoard stuff they don't need or willl throw away. Nothing makes people panic like running out of loo roll. So the actual item we're all after is last on their priority list.

I agree with your point that they have incentive for people to do it but I'm not sure they're stoking it up deliberately. It's totally unprecedented and they won't want to have to pay for extra security if asking people works.

Positive news my auntie went to Aldi near Prestwich today and said it's a very chilled atmosphere and fully stocked.

Part of the problem is that nobody trusts official channels any more because politicians lie constantly. When Johnson says he will or won't do something on the news I don't believe a word, because he has a long track record of being a liar stretching back many years.

As an ex Tesco manager i absolutely agree and spoke to a still Tesco manager this morning about it.

Take off all multi buy offers and introduce strict buying rules on certain items. Lady with 10 packs of toilet roll gets told at the till to put 9 of them back and so on and so on........

It really is that simple and for supermarket boards to be on the news pleading for panic buying to stop annoys me as its them that are allowing it in the first place.
Got to be done!
That,s two off us,
Finish nightshift popped into sainsbury's for a cool drink,and a right tw.t pushed a older couple out off the way to get some pasta
Full fking face off with the cu.t,,& his woman wife
I was so close to giving both a good fking slap, Then
when the prick threw the package on the floor which opened.i was going back to see how the oaps were ok,made I fking remark,right you **** I wait outside for you,fking arse went, woman went to get security
Guy turns up asked what the problem was oaps told him what happened plus what I seen,
Checked there overloaded trolley & took some stuff off them,gave the oaps 2 pack off pasta,
I waited 1/2hr outside the shitheads didn't come out
But so glad the oaps got sorted by some staff who took there list and shopped for them..
Top post! I can feel your anger through the words haha

Fair play to the store n’all.

Rolling news footage of empty shelves must be fuelling panic buying no end. Surprised the media hasn't been asked to dial down some of the reporting of it.
Absolutely, the way they report things is like throwing coal onto the flames. No matter what is being said by the reporter the pictures they show supersedes it and makes the dullards think they’re being told “YOU MUST GO OUT AND STOCK UP ON EVERYTHING, STOCK UP, GET OUT THERE AND STOCK UP, IT’S EVERY MAN FOR THEMSELVES, IF YOU DON’T GET THERE AS FAST AS YOU CAN AND PUSH AS MANY PEOPLE OUT OF THE WAY AS YOU CAN YOU WILL ALL DIE”.

And I don’t think it’s not on purpose neither. The media are fucking scum!

At least I know that while people either have a year’s supply of toilet rolls or worrying that they have none at all, I know that I’m walking round the shops buying the things that will actually keep me alive in general or help me fight the virus if I contract it.

Boris, Vera Lynn even the queen telling reminding us the "War time spirit" and the "Fortitude of the Great British People". Fine words, but I don't see any of them struggling to get basic essentials.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.