COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like a lot of stuff here it is implemented but I'm not sure how effective it is going to be. Nobody here can get enough food to even last a week if they are lucky as there is too little on the shelves. I have no idea how these bulk buyers are doing it, there must be a skill. As a result people have to continually go into numerous shops everyday to try and get food so there is more and more unnecessary contact. Older people with no family to help can't stay in or they will starve. It is a myth there is an army of smiling volunteers knocking on doors offering help. Many are not on social media so have no chance of sourcing out help. Aside from my immediate neighbours which is maybe ten houses maximum I have no idea who even lives on my road never mind neighborhood and I'm sure many people are the same

Countless teenagers and kids in shopping centres and smaller shops adds to the problem. I was in Aldi last week and a small girl with her mother was coughing everywhere, no hand over her mouth. The mother said nothing. At least when they were in school vulnerable people had a window of opportunity to shop, now they don't unless they ban kids from them.

The government are trusting people to be responsible and while some are many aren't, you only had to look at the moron's boasting about being in the pub last night to see that. Unless forced to comply many will just carry on as normal.

I've stocked enough food for some 3-4 weeks, but we're still going daily to buy a food for that day. I'm not sure how long this will last and how long the biggest crisis would last, so we're thinking it's better to go to shops now when there is still not too many confirmed cases than on the top of the crisis.

NHS England to get extra 8,000 hospital beds

The National Health Service (NHS) England has said it struck a major deal with independent hospitals to boost the organisation's capacities in tackling the coronavirus outbreak.

"Nearly 20,000 fully qualified staff will be joining the NHS response to the pandemic, helping manage the expected surge in cases," it said in a statement.

"The extra resources now secured by the health service will not only be available to treat coronavirus patients, but will also help the NHS deliver other urgent operations and cancer treatments.

"The deal - the first of its kind ever - includes the provision of 8,000 hospital beds across England, nearly 1,200 more ventilators, more than 10,000 nurses, over 700 doctors and over 8,000 other clinical staff."

It said that in London, the deal includes over 2,000 hospital beds, and over 250 operating theatres and critical beds.

Reacting to the announcement, UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock said: "This is great news for the hospitals and staff doing everything they can to combat coronavirus."

Apologies if already covered.

Just spotted this on twitter...

Wow.

Now I've nothing against Ant Middleton, he is probably a decent enough bloke, but he is totally missing the point here,
I don't expect to die from this virus if I'm unlucky enough to contract it, same as the rest of my immediate family 2 strapping lads and a healthy wife,

but I can't say the same for my inlaws or my own parents, so with this in mind I am taking precautions, I'm following the guidelines laid out by the government, not for me but for the people out there that I may come into contact with during my day, week or whatever who if I do have CV19 I might pass it on to,
This is where Mr Middleton seems to be missing the point, him spouting this shit will lead to the ignorant possibly passing it to their elderly loved ones etc
so yes Mr SAS you may be fine you may not have any reason to worry for yourself, but for fucks sake think about others, who aren't as healthy or have under lying issues, that if they were to come into contact with someone carrying this could be the end for them

There will be plenty of airlines flying by then. I k ow you like to keep saying “you’ll be walking” but it’s not based on fact is it.

I assumed it was a typo and he meant I’d be wanking. The German girls are pretty.

Please don't take my comments the wrong way mate. Perhaps I should have said "saddening" rather than disappointing? I feel terrible about what's happening in Italy and really hope you start to see the light at the end of the tunnel soon.
Haha no mate, I put a winky smile at the end hoping you'd understand I wasn't offended. I know you're very concerned by the whole situation. It's just that your "disappointing" made me see the thing through a funny perspective, which is also good because feeling down in this situation is absolutely unhelpful.

Edit: not saying we should be foolishly optimistic obviously.

I'd just like to add that I am simply staggered at just how incredibly kind some people are. I had an offer just now from a poster on here who I imagine wants to remain nameless, to go shopping for my Mum at their own expense and in their own time off, and to drive quite a long way to drop it off at her house. It was quite the most touching - emotionally quite moving in fact - thing I had heard in years. Incredible how kind some people are.
You’re welcome pal. As I said, any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.