COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard from someone in the NHS that the ventilators are an absolute last resort and don’t often help.

Replace ventilators with ICU space and it’ll mean the same.

I just hope that an effective treatment is found ASAP for everyone as it’s not looking great at the moment.

If some of the more wilder predictions are correct in terms of the numbers to be infected...

I would greatly fear one day a global decision to let a majority of the elderly and at risk people simply die.

Never would survival of the fittest be more worrying.

It sounds like something out of a horror film but it's not beyond the realms that those deemed mortally wounded on the battlefield will be left to die.

Focused on treating those they know are easily saved?

Natural selection.
It’s called triage mate. It’s been about since Adam was a lad.

When will this lockdown in Italy start to take effect? The new numbers today are once again an increase. This could easily kill another 10,000 Italians in the next 7 days if it doesn’t slow down soon. They would then the up to almost 15000 deaths. Scary.

Didn't our chief medical guy say the other day that anything under 20,000 UK deaths would be a best case scenario or words to that effect.

These figure grow so quickly it's scary.

BREAKINGAlmost 800 more dead in Italy

Deaths continue to spiral in Italy. Official figures show 793 have died of Covid-19 in the last 24 hours - another daily record.

In total 4,825 people have now died across the country.

More than 53,500 have been diagnosed with the virus nationally, up more than 6,500 since yesterday

Fcuking hell
Just take solace it’s only 3 figures. There will be days in the coming three months when we’re reading 5 figures globally per day and the total dead will be seven figures.

Then the early pages of this thread will look silly. “it’s only a bit of flu and the world’s gone mad, I hope this doesn’t affect my job”.

Given they have told us they reckon tens of 1000s more have had it or currently have it in the uk with mild symptoms do the new case stats make any sense?

it seems our cases are mainly in fact new cases of CV who are in hospital and those who have died of cv.

When will this lockdown in Italy start to take effect? The new numbers today are once again an increase. This could easily kill another 10,000 Italians in the next 7 days if it doesn’t slow down soon. They would then the up to almost 15000 deaths. Scary.

On the 14th March the UK recorded 21 deaths. A week later that figure stands at 233. This is what exponential looks like.

Spain a week ago. 196. Today 1,378.

It's frightening but as China, Korea and others have shown it can be stopped.

Given they have told us they reckon tens of 1000s more have had it or currently have it in the uk with mild symptoms do the new case stats make any sense?

it seems our cases are mainly in fact new cases of CV who are in hospital and those who have died of cv.
Yes the testing is now mainly for those admitted to hospital ,the whole message on testing from our experts has been far from clear all the way along,so many contridctions

Just take solace it’s only 3 figures. There will be days in the coming three months when we’re reading 5 figures globally per day and the total dead will be seven figures.

Then the early pages of this thread will look silly. “it’s only a bit of flu and the world’s gone mad, I hope this doesn’t affect my job”.
I had numerous close friends who were saying only that up to last weekend after the Friday announcement. They are already one week later looking like absolute idiots and have fuck all to say on the matter now. In the space of a week this thing has gone mind bogglingly scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.