The Maths Thread

Get kids to put 99999999.9 into their calculator and divide by 3 to get 33333333.3. Divide by 3 again and get 11111111.1. Divide once more and you get a random number but divide that by 3 and you get 12345678.9
They think its magic.
(I hope l got the right number of digits each time. I am going sken eyed trying to count them.
L

Isn't the 8 missing?

Isn't the 8 missing?
Was doing it from memory as I didnt have a calculator to hand to confirm but i think it was done by pressing all the nines on a standard calculator until the display was full and doing the division from there. Some calculators were different because of the way they rounded up digits at the end.
Four in the morning and cant sleep. Perhaps l need a calculator to count sheep;)

Here's a nice little puzzle for you mathematicians.

Just to clarify the rules, you have to fill in as per normal Sudoku. Same number cannot be in an adjoining square (King's move in chess) or a chess Knight's move away. Also, consecutive number can't be in the next square up, down or sideways, but can be adjacent diagonally.

I solved it in three hours yesterday, with a couple of false starts whilst understanding the rules. I used Excel as an aid.

This link might help. https://cracking-the-cryptic.web.app/sudoku/897LqtfTQD
b672b8457ed87f2162c58bab73d9e87e.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.