Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

The PL is deluded and desperate because of the millions they are going to lose.

They are trying to hang on with made up extended dates to resume playing. These dates will keep getting pushed out to the point where the season has to be called off.

The season is sunk, it would need a minor miracle for the 20/21 season to start before the end of the year let alone August, and that's with games played behind closed doors.
PL and Liv will be completing the 19/20 season in 21 and collect 2 titles since it took so long -at least that is the plan.

I'm dumbfounded just how greedy the football money makers are, a lot of this speculation isn't naive it's driven by their greed. Rising deaths on our continent and you just know that given any incentive whatsoever they'd put everyone at risk to protect what has become a bloated product that they cynically refer to as a family.

Just thought I'd give an update from NZ .............................
Rugby players are making themselves available to talk (by phone) to distraught fans missing out on games - really!
As at 3:00pm Sunday we have 66 confirmed cases, no deaths.
Panic buying at supermarkets AND garden centres for vegetable seedlings. Supermarkets hiring staff to try to keep shelves filled.
I miss getting up in the early hours of the morning to check on our beloved team - but I'm getting more sleep!!

They care about finishing and not losing money until the alternative is delaying next season and losing even more money. As the Southampton guy said, extending so it finishes mid July might be possible, beyond that it impacts future seasons.... sowing the seed. If we restart the current season in August, what kit would the scousers wear, the new Nike one?

I honestly don’t have an issue with them being awarded the league, I just find all the self importance of football really unpalatable in the current situation.
I have an issue with awarding them the title as its still possible for us to win it.they haven't won it yet and find all this talk of victory parades and playing games being closed doors unpalatable when people are losing their lives

For every premier league player that is tested, privately no doubt, a patient in an NHS bed or a front line hospital worker goes without a test.

covid 19 tests should have been commandeered by the govt nationally.
There should not be any available privately.

I've been in self isolation since Monday with the missus, following a bit of a blow out in Cardiff last week at the rugby international ( I think that was poor judgement on my part being honest) but the way the country seems to be reacting to this is still way off the pace - apart from being fucking World Class in the Supermarket sweep. There is no way football will be played this year, we'll be going the same way as Italy and Spain . Thought i'd add a few words from a 60 year old friend with COPD , self isolated in Lombardy village for over 3 weeks now
I've been on the verge of tears all day, this situation has finally got to me, and this has been the worst day yet for Italy - almost 800 deaths in 24 hours. And that doesn't include the ones who died of 'flu', because they don't test for coronavirus postmortem.
Thank God the Lombardy region took tougher steps this afternoon - no more sport outside, not even lone logging, no gatherings anywhere, €5000 fine if you break the rules. But most importantly the PM has finally decided to shut down all non-essential production. I've been so worried about Nicky going into work every day. Hopefully these new measures will signal a turning point, the tension is starting to get to people because we aren't seeing any results despite the lockdown. Plus, I learned that a family member in Bolton has the virus, though he's not in hospital and should get through it ok. But it all got to me today. Sorry for the moan.

The PL is deluded and desperate because of the millions they are going to lose.

They are trying to hang on with made up extended dates to resume playing. These dates will keep getting pushed out to the point where the season has to be called off.

The season is sunk, it would need a minor miracle for the 20/21 season to start before the end of the year let alone August, and that's with games played behind closed doors.

Nobody knows what will happen.....why all these guesses?

One of the few things that makes me giggle is this whole LiVARpool, finish the season nonsense. In no particular order;

1. Whatever is decided at the top of the Premier League, has to apply for champs league places, relegation and the Championship down. The legal challenges would be immense.
2. The most optimistic chance of football starting would be autumn. The cases would need to be at zero with a scientific knowledge that there is no chance of a second wave. That means a vaccine being found and being delivered. Like I say, optimistic.
3. Even at that optimistic level, a number of clubs are likely to go into administration.
4. How many people are going to have spare cash for football when it does get underway?

I hate to agree with Klopp, but football is only the most important thing of the least important things. The only people bothered about this, are the same people who trying to “carry on as normal” and in complete denial about this virus.

If and when I set foot in The Etihad again, it could be in a half full stadium having purchased my season ticket for £200 (instead of £700) watching a side captained by Phil Foden in a newly reformed Premier League versus MK Dons.
Think Phil would probably still be sub mate tbf :')

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.