Running thread

virtual? How
You just do the run yourself, around your own route, then send in your Strava / Garmin record as evidence. They take it on trust, then send you the finisher's shirt and a Mars Bar and a medal, and it gets that off their hands.

Last edited:
Should have done Cyprus marathon last weekend but was obviously cancelled so few of us did a 10k whilst out there. Not motivation left now with everything cancelled this year until October. If and I now it’s a big if, I’ll try and do some serious hiking through the summer before commencement of training in August. Give my glutes time to get stronger at least.

I've just watched Boris' announcement, and am very pleased we're allowed to exercise out of doors once a day. So for the time being, I'm going to make sure I get out on my daily run. The wife will have to take the dog out.

I've just watched Boris' announcement, and am very pleased we're allowed to exercise out of doors once a day. So for the time being, I'm going to make sure I get out on my daily run. The wife will have to take the dog out.

Yes same here. At a time like this, with the impact on mental wellbeing, its more important than ever to get regular exercise but eventually this may conflict with government guidance and we need to be prepared for that.

I have found a decent country park where I can run freely without seeing more than a handful of people, which has replaced my regular coastal path and beach run.

Yes same here. At a time like this, with the impact on mental wellbeing, its more important than ever to get regular exercise but eventually this may conflict with government guidance and we need to be prepared for that.

I have found a decent country park where I can run freely without seeing more than a handful of people, which has replaced my regular coastal path and beach run.
I'm lucky, I suppose. I live in a village, surrounded by countryside. There are paths, trails, towpaths and country lanes aplenty. I can get out on a quiet run quite easily. I'll take a compact carrier bag and come home via the shop, and kill two birds with one stone.

Done 2 x 5 mile runs this week, furloughed from work so not much else to do, everything now being cancelled means I’ve lost most of my motivation, no marathon no Ironman (fucked off after all that training) no long bike sessions, hard to get going again. Also been feeling fucked once starting, hopefully that’s just lack of training and nothing more sinister.

Anyone else still at it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.